Gbox keeps overwriting previously stored satelites

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ultimaterdw

Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
central texas
Let me start with I am a newbie. Bought the motorized BUD from Sadoun and thought lining things up would be the hardest part. It was difficult but I finally get satellites from 45 degrees over to 137 degrees but I am having a problem storing them in my Geosat pro DSR200 receiver and or gbox. The 1st few went fine, but then the gbox started storing them in previously used positions. I reset everything and stared renaming them as I stored them but that didn't help and I was about to do it again but thought I would seek expert advice first.
Another perhaps dumb question, do I need to store both C and Ku positions in my receiver if a satellite has both signals?
One other thing, I am considering upgrading to a HD receiver, can anyone recommend one? There are so many out there and I still want to be able to get C and Ku with one receiver.
Any help appreciated

Try programming the Gbox via it's remote. Don't run the coax through the Gbox. That will isolate problem to one or the other.
do I need to store both C and Ku positions in my receiver if a satellite has both signals?
Usually the same position # can be used for C and Ku at an orbital position. Occasionally, C and Ku has to be offset from one another slightly and requires two position #'s. It ultimately depends on your dish. Does it focus C and Ku at the same point?
HD receiver, can anyone recommend one?
Yeah, I call it the SSO. SatHawk or Solomend or Openbox. HD, S2, blindscan, PVR. (NO 4.2.2) Sadoun has 'em

I had a similar problem. I ended up forgetting about letting my receiver control the dish through the gbox. And I don't like to use the satellites already programmed in to the gbox. I set them all by the last two digits of the satellite position. 45, 55, 58, 72, 77, 91, 99, 01, 03, 11, 21 ...etc. Use two remotes, better than having it drive you insane

Thanks, you guys are great, I think I'll get myself the Sathawk for my xmas. As for using the Gbox separate, I have a cable ran to the bedroom and use the IR extenders to watch from there when I go to bed so using the gbox as a standalone would be pretty hard. I thought maybe it was something as simple as a setting on the receiver. I'll order the sathawk and play around with it a bit. Another dumb question probably but does the sathawk receive C and Ku? I see it supports DVB-S, DVB-S2, MPEG-2 & MPEG-4, does that mean it does both?
Thanks again for the help.

What band it receives depends on the lnbf you use. The receiver only sees (receives) 950 - 1450 Mhz. The LNBF's (standard Ku and C) output 950 - 1450

Let me start with I am a newbie. Bought the motorized BUD from Sadoun and thought lining things up would be the hardest part. It was difficult but I finally get satellites from 45 degrees over to 137 degrees but I am having a problem storing them in my Geosat pro DSR200 receiver and or gbox. The 1st few went fine, but then the gbox started storing them in previously used positions. I reset everything and stared renaming them as I stored them but that didn't help and I was about to do it again but thought I would seek expert advice first.
Another perhaps dumb question, do I need to store both C and Ku positions in my receiver if a satellite has both signals?
One other thing, I am considering upgrading to a HD receiver, can anyone recommend one? There are so many out there and I still want to be able to get C and Ku with one receiver.
Any help appreciated

Not sure about the G Box, but with my V Box III you can do a complete reset - it takes about 10 seconds by pressing the Reset Button on the Remote and it counts down, ie. 10, 9, 8, 7, etc until it gets to zero, and all is reset and your back to square one. My V Box III Automatically assigns the Sat positions when you scan in Sats & save them on the Sat Receiver, that is P1, P2, P3, etc. So not sure how you are storing your Sat Positions.

As per an HD Receiver I would also like to add / recommend the AZbox Receiver to the List - there is a whole AZbox Forum here at Sat Guys which you can browse thru to get more info.

It's probably not a Gbox problem. I use to have that problem with my Coolsat 6100 before a firmware upgrade. Some receivers assign the positions automatically like my Coolsat while others require you to do it manually like my Traxis 3500.

Solution if you wish to use DiSEqC 1.2 for more than 32 satellite positions: Export the satellite list to Channel Master, delete any unwanted satellites and separate your C-band and KU-band satellites. Pair up the C and KU in corresponding satellite positions: I.E. G19-K on 1, G19-C on 32, SES1-K on 2, SES1-C on 33....etc. The GEOSATpro DVR1100c and DSR100c/200c receivers automatically assign satellite position numbers to the satellite list. Like many receivers, the list is currently limited to 32 positions then repeats. This is being addressed in a future firmware file. The coding change is in initial beta testing at this time and we expect it to be release the first of the year.

DiSEqC 1.2 control running the same motor with multiple receivers can cause quite a few headaches. If you decide to upgrade to a two receiver system with both receivers connected to control the motor, be sure to program both receivers with exactly the same satellite positions assigned to each satellite.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SuperPowerJack actuators and clones?

actuator arm question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts