Gave in and went with Comcast for CSN-Chicago

Sparkman

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Charlotte,NC
I will have this channel 1/3/05. Comcast coming to install. Keeping E* HD, supers, & distant nets on my 2 HD sets. Getting 1 HD, dual tuner DVR, 1 SD DVR, 1 HD receiver, 1 reg digital receiver & 3 set hooked up analog only. Charging $45 installation fee. Will have Digital Silver(includes HBO). Total monthly bill about $107, $30 less than E* is now. E* should be about $32, so just about a break even proposition. Comcast giving 3 free months of Digital Silver in 1st yr, saves $216. Since local HD will be in Comcast package, can turn my antenna and get Milwaukee HD OTA.

My contact @ Ceo@echostar .com has been great with waiving all downgrade & cancellation fees that would apply. He understands why I'm doing this & leaving door open for a return to more E* programming when more choices appear. I ran by him my solutions for establishing 2 or 3 HD sports Alt channels & rotating RSN HD among them when they are on and he thought that it was a good idea and would take it to his contacts in programming. He promised to get back to me if anything ever comes of it.

Sparkman, good luck with your install. I tried Comcast for 5 days, ended up cancelling due to the internet connection being down 2 of the 5 days. The HD DVR sure isn't a D* HR10-250 but it's not that bad. I liked the On Demand feature, kind of cool. However they couldn't get the On Demand to work on the HBO channels, even though I had HBO the box kept saying not authorized. A tech that was out for the internet called that in and I heard his tech tell him that sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and that's the way it is. Since if I remember, you're on the Waukegan/Libertiville system, which is what I had so I hope you have better luck then I did.

rad said:
Sparkman, good luck with your install. I tried Comcast for 5 days, ended up cancelling due to the internet connection being down 2 of the 5 days. The HD DVR sure isn't a D* HR10-250 but it's not that bad. I liked the On Demand feature, kind of cool. However they couldn't get the On Demand to work on the HBO channels, even though I had HBO the box kept saying not authorized. A tech that was out for the internet called that in and I heard his tech tell him that sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and that's the way it is. Since if I remember, you're on the Waukegan/Libertiville system, which is what I had so I hope you have better luck then I did.

Yea, that's what system I'm on. We'll se how it goes with the install. I'll have E* still hooked up so I'll have PQ comparisons & I'll keep the installer working until it's as good as E*. I'm waiting on internet for now. I have a wireless broadband company from Libertyville now, I may or may not switch.

NBR question?

Question about pixilation ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)