FTA Package. What Comes In Them. Can I mix and Match

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nuclearwerewolf

Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I have seen some packages available on the web via your sponsors like the M-2 Motorized DYNAMIC DSS Choice Set from sadoun.com

I am going crazy trying to figure this stuff out.
What is all of the parts for let’s say, A strong signal in the location of Charlotte, NC;
A motorized approach? I am Still learning how to fully get one set working. I did order a complete system from the link above.

I would pay someone that would give me a list of exactly what parts I would need to setup FTA using the Diamond9000HD and where to get them, down to the last skrew, cable and part. I would use common sense but I am not sure what "LNBF or LNB Dual/Quad" is, or any of these other terms. I just want to be able to set up a satellite that picks up Free to Air channels.

I don't know much about the configurations, I just keep seeing good reviews (I think they are good) about the Diamond9000HD.

Again, I will pay.. Please help make a list.

Once I get this list and figure out how to install this stuff, I will definitely get more knowledgeable of FTA and be more active / less newb one these forums. You guys are mostly enthusiast of consumer electronics as it appears. I on the closer end is into information technologies (more on the development end). FTA is about the most interesting thing I have seen in consumer electronics which has left me in curiosity mode. It would rock to be able to figure this all out. I have read through many of the threads in this forum and have found some use but not enough as of yet, to get me past threshold.

Thanks for any help.

I have seen some packages available on the web via your sponsors like the M-2 Motorized DYNAMIC DSS Choice Set from sadoun.com

I am going crazy trying to figure this stuff out.
What is all of the parts for let’s say, A strong signal in the location of Charlotte, NC;
A motorized approach? I am Still learning how to fully get one set working. I did order a complete system from the link above.

I would pay someone that would give me a list of exactly what parts I would need to setup FTA using the Diamond9000HD and where to get them, down to the last skrew, cable and part. I would use common sense but I am not sure what "LNBF or LNB Dual/Quad" is, or any of these other terms. I just want to be able to set up a satellite that picks up Free to Air channels.

Did you order the self install kit from them too? Looks like it comes with 25 + 50 ft of RG-6. I don't know where you intend to install the dish, but make sure you have enough cable to go to your grounding source, to the ground block and to your receiver. How many receivers are you intending to hook up? Dual LNB means you can hook up 2.. quad means you can hook up 4. Other than the length of cable, looks like their install kit covers most of what you would need and that price is good.

I don't know much about the configurations, I just keep seeing good reviews (I think they are good) about the Diamond9000HD.

Don't know much about the Diamond. My advice for installing and everything is read read read on this site. Make sure to think ahead. In other words.. when you get ready to install, find out what satellite/satellites you are going to want to aim at and make sure you have a good line of sight to all of them. Be patient. Read and read some more. You'll start to get it. My experience here is that everyone is super helpful, so if you have a question..ask, but try to read as much as you can. Most info is already here, but not always super easy to find.

Again, I will pay.. Please help make a list.

Once I get this list and figure out how to install this stuff, I will definitely get more knowledgeable of FTA and be more active / less newb one these forums.

Hands on experience is what works best for me, but don't just dive in without first having your gameplan figured out. If you put it on a pole make sure it is plumb and level. I will say that again because it's really important.. If you put it on a pole make sure it is plumb and level! You'll get it if your patient and we're here to help.
Use this site when you're ready to aim that bird. It's also useful for finding your true south satellite which you will need when you install that motor.

http://www.geosatfinder.com/

You guys are mostly enthusiast of consumer electronics as it appears. I on the closer end is into information technologies (more on the development end). FTA is about the most interesting thing I have seen in consumer electronics which has left me in curiosity mode. It would rock to be able to figure this all out. I have read through many of the threads in this forum and have found some use but not enough as of yet, to get me past threshold.

Thanks for any help.

Be patient... you'll get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, I gotta figure some of this posting stuff out a bit better. Sorry to have chopped up your thread so much above there.

That's why some call this a Hobby. :)
You can learn a lot by looking / reading what's for sale on Sadoun, SatelliteAV, and GoSatellite web pages.
If you bought the M-2 from Sadoun, you'll get everything you need except tools and extra cable (you get free 50' from Sadoun)
Tools needed:
Level, Angle Finder is better: Johnson Magnetic Inclinometer
Decent Compass, not necessary, but can help.
Wrenches
Screwdrivers
Tools for making cables, or you can buy pre-made, proper length cables.

Helpful web pages:
How to install an HH-Mount Motor? Applies to DG240-SM3D22-STABHH100-HH120-Motech-SG2100
Satellite Look Angles Satellite Heading Calculator Azimuth Elevation Skew Tilt LNBF Latitude and Longitude values

Understanding the FTA in NOT Plug-N-Play was the hardest for me.

wow, I gotta figure some of this posting stuff out a bit better. Sorry to have chopped up your thread so much above there.

I fixed the quotes..when you do a multiquote like that dont put the / at the beginning of the quote

so when you chop it up you go

[ quote ]original part of the post [ /quote ] and then your answer
(close the gap between the bracket and the word quote) ;)

Thanks greatly for your help above. I was away to an emergency for almost 2 days. I very much appreciate the help with this! I am a fan of this website and will have others in here before long.

Again, thank you!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FOCAL LENGTH & SPACING RESOURCES?

PBS Create no longer on TitanTV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts