FTA inside Windows MCE 2005?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mchomicz

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Are there any programs that allow to play FTA satellite programming INSIDE the WMC 2005 shell? I’ve seen one that has the ability to mimic MCE 2005 look and feel (which would be close enough for me) but I think it’s for a very specific family of PCI sat tuners. (http://www.dvbviewer.com/shots.htm for “B2C2 based” cards; which I don’t think my Twinhan card is)

Thank you,
Michael

You need a Hauppauge Nova-S which has MCE2005 drivers, the budget Technotrend card also has MCE drivers (BDA set).
Hopefully Hauppauge/Technotrend will write a driver for the Nexus-S.
It's mainly for UK/EU users who have a fantastic FTA lineup but it will work over here albeit without the program guide.

I'm in the process of writing a review of MCE2005 with a 3 tuner setup I've been building.
MCE2005 is superb.

docj2005 said:
if you can find them there are bda drivers for the vision plus 1020a card
ill see if i can find a link

Would it be by any chance this place: http://www.digitalrise.biz/
I googled bda driver vision plus 1020a and this page come up... But I don't know what a BDA driver is - so I'm not sure this is the right driver to use a TwinHan satellite card under MCE 2005...

Thank you,
Michael

Cascade said:
You need a Hauppauge Nova-S which has MCE2005 drivers, the budget Technotrend card also has MCE drivers (BDA set).
Hopefully Hauppauge/Technotrend will write a driver for the Nexus-S.
It's mainly for UK/EU users who have a fantastic FTA lineup but it will work over here albeit without the program guide.

I'm in the process of writing a review of MCE2005 with a 3 tuner setup I've been building.
MCE2005 is superb.

I have been using it for a few weeks as well.

My biggest disapointment is it will not let me download a guide for ExpressVu and Dish Network (ExpressVu is on tuner 1 - Dish is on Tuner 2 and Tuner 3 is my OTA HD tuner)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pansat 2500 a

CTV Red, Green, Blue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)