FTA Contact in Japan

Thats the way it is in the US -- certain parts of the country aren't affected much if at all by 5G. But my area (Roseville, CA) is. Can't receive any C-Band satellite TV here below 4 GHz.

Reading the local forum further, there are two knowledgeable guys (one with a spectrum analyzer and 135 cm dish) and they say it is virtually impossible to catch KCTV due to 5G. My hope might be that I am rural in farmer's fields away from the big city. Maybe I would stand a chance.

I have a lead on a Maspro 1-metre dish not too far from my location. This is a high-quality dish as you can see in the photos attached. The owner is getting older and feels he needs to get rid of some things. He is only asking US$35 if I can take it away. My challenge is to figure out how to transport it when I have no personal car.

DSC01081_sm.jpg
DSC01080_sm.jpg
DSC01079_sm.jpg

You may be right. I've read on the local forum here that guys are complaining about 5G. But the only way I'll know is to try.
If you can physically shield the 5g interference out of your system, try a C-band LNBF (or a feedhorn and LNB) that may be on someone's shelf because they are not aware that older units handle 3700-4200 or even the 3400 to 4200 MHz range (though not filtered). Probably a few opportunities with a Chinese supplier. Good luck!

Mike

If I actually get even a good 1m dish installed, then I will bring my Titanium LNBF next time and try. In Canada, I've received C with a 1m dish, limited though the results are. If it works, I can leave it here. If not, I take it home. And I will keep a lookout for a local one of any brand too.

I have a lead on a Maspro 1-metre dish not too far from my location. This is a high-quality dish as you can see in the photos attached. The owner is getting older and feels he needs to get rid of some things. He is only asking US$35 if I can take it away. My challenge is to figure out how to transport it when I have no personal car.

View attachment 174838

Wrap the perimeter lip in a few rounds of gaffer tape after removing the arms. Put the latter in a backpack. Roll the dish to public transportation.

Joking, not joking.

Reactions: cyberham
Wrap the perimeter lip in a few rounds of gaffer tape after removing the arms. Put the latter in a backpack. Roll the dish to public transportation.

Joking, not joking.
LOL! You just reminded me of one of my favourite stories:

Cannot respond to noted thread. PM only.

But great story! I hope max enjoyment was obtained before C band declined.

Regarding the NOLA PD. I grew up there. Do not call them and tell them to keep an eye on your home while on vacation. They will- hands on.

Wondering what channels I can get with some old equipment.