Found this funny

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Everytime I see those commercials with Jessica Simpson, and she gets to the part where she says "I don't know what that means but I want it." I want to say "I don't know what that is either." :)

I thought I knew what it was (a video standard), but apparently I was wrong. It is only a marketing term, and can mean whatever D* wants it to mean :rolleyes:

I stopped by the only home owned furniture store in town today... they have 1 room dedicated to HD with Jvc and Mitsubitsi TV's and a HT room with Optoma PJ's ($4,900 and up) and building 2 more rooms... anyway they had a H10 hooked up and were showing DiscoveryHD, even on the 73" Mitsubitsi it looked pretty good... I got the remote and went to the HDnets...a little softer(but good) then to UHD(Medical Investigation) which really had a strange look to it... the Espn's had no HD on at that time and didn't check HBO or Cinemax...

Last edited:
You get FTA in HD?

Nothing like watching your favorite games on a microscopic 17" - 22" PC screen; what a JOKE! I can just see me and my 5 - 6 friends all crowded around my PC. AND if I am going to go to all the trouble to do a PC/DVB card to pull them in, and then set it up in the den, and then feed it to my projector and A/V unit. HELL, just get the damn ST package.

Nothing like watching your favorite games on a microscopic 17" - 22" PC screen; what a JOKE! I can just see me and my 5 - 6 friends all crowded around my PC. AND if I am going to go to all the trouble to do a PC/DVB card to pull them in, and then set it up in the den, and then feed it to my projector and A/V unit. HELL, just get the damn ST package.

That's your fault for watching it on a 17inch then. Mine is hooked up to a 57inch 16X9 screen with a 500watt 6.1 system.

The ultimate package is Sunday Ticket and a FTA C/KU system since you can get some games/feeds that aren't on Sunday Ticket.

I do have all already, but I guess you didn't read my entire post. What my points are:

The vast majority of PC DVB/FTA users don't run in the main viewing area like a den.

If you are going to run all the trouble of a HD PC setup to your main display (unless you are telling us you spent $600+ for a FTA HD-able set-top receiver to receive) I still prefer the convenience and non-PC need in my den.

If an when set-top receiver get under $300 them I am all for that. Also with FTA signals are here today, and gone tomorrow, can tend to hop around and sometimes have disappeared right in the middle of games.

Hell, before too long if FTA keeps making "noise", it won't be too much longer until they (major sports/network) will start tightening the screws again, finding new ways/methods to scramble the feeds, so that you will likely be spending even more money to get it all back again; AFTER its is figured out what they are doing; and AFTER the new products get designed; and AFTER they start hitting shelves for us to buy.

I have NEVER, NOT been able to find any game with my OTA and DBS in HD; as long as the network is producing it as such.

I don't care to roll those dice or hunt around with my "viewing parties". Again the economical convenience charge is OK by me to have it all "packaged" just so on one system, in one channel grouping.

I am not killing the FTA method, I do have a C/Ku/DVB setupBUT just saying there are very valid reason for 99% of the home users to pay the very affordable and economical charge for the convince feature.

Last edited:
I do have all already, but I guess you didn't read my entire post. The vast majority of PC DVB/FTA users don't run in the main viewing area like a den.

If you are going to run all the trouble of a HD PC setup to your main display (unless you are telling us you spent $600+ for a FTA HD-able set-top receiver to receive) I still prefer the convenience and non-PC need in my den.

If an when set-top receiver get under $300 them I am all for that. Also with FTA signals are here today, and gone tomorrow, can tend to hop around and sometimes have disappeared right in the middle of games. I have NEVER, NOT been able to find any game with my OTA and DBS in HD; as long as the network is producing it as such.

I don't care to roll those dice or hunt around with my "viewing parties". Again the economical convenience charge is OK by me to have it all "packaged" just so on one system, in one channel grouping.

I am not killing the FTA method, just saying there are very valid reason for 99% of the home users to pay the very affordable and economical charge for the convince feature.

I agree it is not for everyone. I already have an HTPC setup in the den and everyone in the household uses it everyday so it's a no brainer to use it. I enjoy the few football games without commercials and 35mbps of real 1080i.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirecTV and Road Runner

H20 won't turn on!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)