Former Voomer, please help!!!!!

Lojobe

Original poster
May 2, 2005
Well, I had Voom, with a large OTA antenna, sat dish and the Voom HD reciever. I do not have a second dish, just the equipment that was installed for Voom.

I think I am going to switch to Dish, but have been thoroughly confused by the hardware process.

Do I need two dishes to get Voom and the Dish network?

Will the large roof OTA antenna I have work with a Dish HD reciever? In other words do I have to pay for the local channels through Dish or will the OTA I have integrate with the Dish reciever, thus saving me the cost of local channels?

Will Dish put up one sat dish that will cover both the Dish stations and Voom or will two sat dishes be needed to get Voom and Dish programing?

If two Sat dishes are put up, will that mean 1 reciever or 2 recievers, one for each Sat Dish?

Man this stuff is confusing.

Finally, does anyone have Comcast SportsNet - Mid Atlantic Region via Dish? If so do you have any problems with blackouts of Oriole, Wizard or Terp games on Sportsnet in the Balto area?

Thanks

Yes you will need 2 dishs. The main programming is on 110/119 and Voom channels are on 61.5.

Yes the OTA antenna will work with all of the HD receivers. If you have a 921 DVR you will have to have the Dish local package for program guide info on OTA locals.

2 Dishs will be needed.

The number of dishs has no correlation to the number of receivers.

Guide not working on my 721

Old VOOMer, maybe new DISHer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts