For My Brothers in the South (or if you like staying in the shade)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stogie5150

Crazed Cajun Rebel
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Slidell,LA
I got tired of roasting in the summertime working on dishes, as anyone in the south can attest to. So I decided to do something about it.

2011-07-02_15-59-25_391[1].jpg

Beach umbrella. Got it from Sam's Club for 29 bucks.

8' Beach Umbrella - Navy & White Stripe - Sam's Club

Took an old piece of 1 1/4 pipe, hose-clamped it to the back leg of the ladder, slide the umbrella mast in the pipe. Instant shade. The umbrella even tilts so you can adjust it. AND its vented at the top to help with wind fly away.

I suggest it. For less than 30.00 its a winner!

Looks like a splendid idea! Perhaps a viable alternative to working at night during full moons :D ...

Oh yeah, and I love shopping at Sams!

Just had to respond to this thread-

I can't recall how many times I got bored and decided just to tweak my dish. Why not it was a fine sunny day! By the time you get a small TV set out to the dish, the reciever and pull an extension cord accross the yard- that's half the effort. Once everything was ready for testing you hate to just spend 10 minutes testing and tweaking, before you know it your out there for an hour or two roasting in the sun.

Why didn't I ever think of this before, only takes a few minutes more to set up a sun shade! Really love your idea!!!! And you don't have to be in the deep south to enjoy it, do you supose Sunsetter Retractable Awnings are thinking about this?

Really love your idea!!!!
And you don't have to be in the deep south to enjoy it, do you supose Sunsetter Retractable Awnings are thinking about this?
If they are, I'll bet for a nominal sum they could get a "Recommended by Satelliteguys" sticker with our logo! - :up

I've got my old sombrero that works pretty good
If its too warm I just dont work on the system :)

Great idea stogie:).Some of the hottest weather of this summer here now with temps near 90.Even though its hot i do prefer making any dish adjustments during the heat of the day due to getting eaten alive by those blood suckers in the evening or night.

Sunsetter has a solution already. Called the "Oasis" A free standing version of the Sunsetter LOL! BTW I just installed a Sunsetter on my place. The reason for moving all the dishes.

Attachments

• SatCat 014.JPG
    SatCat 014.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 195
Sunsetter has a solution already. Called the "Oasis" A free standing version of the Sunsetter LOL! BTW I just installed a Sunsetter on my place. The reason for moving all the dishes.
Nice sunsetter! I see you got the patio lights also.We had a sunsetter which served us well for many year untill we had a sunroom put in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Took lightning strike

4DTV instead of FTA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)