FCC wants to make carriers unlock phones within 60 days of activation

I posted a screen shot awhile back on how to make a 5g cell phone work on any network...it just has to be a global phone and international data roaming turned on....5g doesn't have to connect to old landline telephone networks...it's just internet based...so if you can get a data or internet connection it will work..3g and some 4g phones had to connect to a land line network to make a call
It's called Voice over 5G or Voice over LTE for 4G phones, it still requires carrier support of whatever SIM you are using. Sorry, not impressed as it's nothing new and not impressed. The correct term is "Mobile phone" as Cell Phone means 800Mhz/850Mhz/900Mhz frequencies, anything else is not referred to as a cell phone.

I see Juan found his latest victim to pull down the rabbit hole.
Not really latest victim, it's been since the Hopper Plus discussion when Juan claims apps on the Hopper Plus is controlled by DISH and not Google via Google Play Store and has been proven wrong, he won't shut his mouth until Scott Greczkowski confirmed what I said as seen here, it doesn't help when there is documented proof which will bite him in the you know where in the future as proven:

The problem with Juan is he can fool people some of the time but not all the time and when he messes with the best, he will die like the rest for lack of better term.

Not really latest victim, it's been since the Hopper Plus discussion when Juan claims apps on the Hopper Plus is controlled by DISH and not Google via Google Play Store and has been proven wrong, he won't shut his mouth until Scott Greczkowski confirmed what I said as seen here, it doesn't help when there is documented proof which will bite him in the you know where in the future as proven:

The problem with Juan is he can fool people some of the time but not all the time and when he messes with the best, he will die like the rest for lack of better term.
If you have a global phone..you can connect or subscribe to any provider...if you don't...you cant.
5g is internet based...so you don't need to connect to a local phone network..it's much easier technology....it's that simple...nothing to unlock.. that's it..I'm done

If you have a global phone..you can connect or subscribe to any provider...if you don't...you cant.
5g is internet based...so you don't need to connect to a local phone network..it's much easier technology....it's that simple...nothing to unlock.. that's it..I'm done
Saying something more than once is not going to prove anything.... as comments #3 and #20 which is written by you all would be the opposite of what you are saying now. The point is frequencies matter when it comes to connecting with a provider which is what you had been saying in those two comments. If you were using a Internet connection, you aren't even connecting to the providers network.

All you are doing is using the internet which is based more on the speed of your internet connection, just because you have 5G does not mean you will get 5G speeds if you have a slow internet connection.... And if it is internet based, why would a global phone or not matter as the 5G will use whatever TCP/IP connection you have.

and while this thread concerns the FCC, don't assume you can complain to the FCC either as all informal complaints with the FCC is to have connections with the one you are complaining about. If you want the FCC to even consider doing anything, it will cost $605 to file a formal complaint plus legal fees for legal counsel.

And we will see if a certain someone is really done because if there is another reply from that individual but it wouldn't matter... This is my response to that individual which applies to all future responses from that individual and hope he has fun trying to figuring it out what it says.
973853-60-70015-117-743-17711212012-87-4017125374-85-4017-8123-817-101071

and the legal notice which is considered served and received.
By this letter, or any other communication, or any other act or omission, I do not waive any of my defenses, rights, or objections or otherwise both now and in the infinite future.

Last edited:
Saying something more than once is not going to prove anything.... as comments #3 and #20 which is written by you all would be the opposite of what you are saying now. The point is frequencies matter when it comes to connecting with a provider which is what you had been saying in those two comments. If you were using a Internet connection, you aren't even connecting to the providers network.

All you are doing is using the internet which is based more on the speed of your internet connection, just because you have 5G does not mean you will get 5G speeds if you have a slow internet connection.... And if it is internet based, why would a global phone or not matter as the 5G will use whatever TCP/IP connection you have.

and while this thread concerns the FCC, don't assume you can complain to the FCC either as all informal complaints with the FCC is to have connections with the one you are complaining about. If you want the FCC to even consider doing anything, it will cost $605 to file a formal complaint plus legal fees for legal counsel.

And we will see if a certain someone is really done because if there is another reply from that individual but it wouldn't matter... This is my response to that individual which applies to all future responses from that individual and hope he has fun trying to figuring it out what it says.
973853-60-70015-117-743-17711212012-87-4017125374-85-4017-8123-817-101071

and the legal notice which is considered served and received.
By this letter, or any other communication, or any other act or omission, I do not waive any of my defenses, rights, or objections or otherwise both now and in the infinite future.
One more time

The only voice service on a cellphone in the USA is a version of voice over Ip..we know it as 5g or 4g

3g has been discontinued.. I have no idea what you are posting about since you already agreed about the voice over ip part

Just finished reading all these replies. From what I can tell, most new(er) phones will work with any carrier globally, except those that are activation locked by the carrier (like AT&T)? If that's so, why are there still region-specific versions of, say, the iPhone 15:

A3090 (International), A2846 (United States), A3089 (Canada, Japan), A3092 (Mainland China, Hong Kong SAR)

Just finished reading all these replies. From what I can tell, most new(er) phones will work with any carrier globally, except those that are activation locked by the carrier (like AT&T)? If that's so, why are there still region-specific versions of, say, the iPhone 15:

A3090 (International), A2846 (United States), A3089 (Canada, Japan), A3092 (Mainland China, Hong Kong SAR)
5g is a world wide standard...it's the same everywhere...is the best answer

Wouldn't Apple just make one model then? Why make 4 different regional models?
Frequencies for one reason...also could be 4g support...it was a mishmash of standards that varied by carrier...4g lte is different from 4g....att had one standard and verizon had another...lte was supposed to be a common standard..

This scheme would seem to be at odds with prepaid services.

...unless you purchase the phone directly from the prepaid service (many sell their own devices). My preference is to purchase a phone that comes unlocked out of the box. That being said, I've also never had need for an international/global phone. My current iPhone 15 is A2848, which apparently only works in the US and Puerto Rico.

...unless you purchase the phone directly from the prepaid service (many sell their own devices). My preference is to purchase a phone that comes unlocked out of the box. That being said, I've also never had need for an international/global phone. My current iPhone 15 is A2848, which apparently only works in the US and Puerto Rico.
If you are really bored..this explains it

My 15 Pro is an A2848. I've used it successfully in Mexico, various Caribbean islands, and Germany and Spain. Don't know if my carrier, AT&T, has anything to do with it.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
most buy their prepaid phones from the prepaid service and don't subscribe to the BYOP model

I would tend to agree with you when it comes to expensive smart phones. Most people would want to finance those.

It would be interesting to see some research by prepaid carriers on which percentage of users BYOP and which percentage buy/finance a device.

I would tend to agree with you when it comes to expensive smart phones. Most people would want to finance those.

It would be interesting to see some research by prepaid carriers on which percentage of users BYOP and which percentage buy/finance a device.
At the point that the cost of the phone is much more than the cost of service, prepaid no longer makes much sense as using the phone is no longer optional.

At the point that the cost of the phone is much more than the cost of service, prepaid no longer makes much sense as using the phone is no longer optional.

It depends on the need. I like my iPhone 15 Pro and I like unlimited 5G UW data, so buying the phone in cash and then using Visible+ for $35 a month saves me money over Verizon postpaid and a financed phone. My dad on the other hand got a free Android phone from Tracfone and that service meets his needs.

Reactions: Foxbat
It depends on the need. I like my iPhone 15 Pro and I like unlimited 5G UW data, so buying the phone in cash and then using Visible+ for $35 a month saves me money over Verizon postpaid and a financed phone.
This is true if you don't consider the opportunity cost of having laid out $750+ up front for the baseline model.

Those who use prepaid services often do so because they can't hope to qualify for a postpaid plan.

I do it because it is the cheapest way to keep a wireless phone that I just might need one day.

Apple Vision Pro Gets a Release Date

Will you buy an Apple Watch?