EchoStar/Dish raises doubts about 'ability to continue as a going concern'

Sounds like TPG would be the one that runs the new company since they are already running Directv. I think DISH would get some cash out of the deal, but I don't know how. Either way it won't be the same and I am wondering how Sling TV and Directv Stream come out on this deal either. Either way it will be a lot of changes if it does happen.

My question is where does all the debt from both companies go when they merge the two companies?

Reactions: charlesrshell
I don't think there is a benefit to a merger of Dish and Directv. I think there is a benefit if a third party involved has a lot of cash available to help Dish push forward with the cell build out.

Based on the numbers, Dish appears to be small potatoes compared to Directv, especially debt-wise. And Dish has an attempt at a future. So as long as a third party has cash, Dish-Directv isn't a bad idea, especially if the third party is already saddled with Directv's debt.

I'm still uncertain how the operation would be run. Ergen is Ergen, so he could end up owning AT&T after this acquisition, leaving people scratching their heads wondering how that happened, but it would seem unlikely that Ergen would be given the keys to the new corp, of which he brings a small Sat company, though admittedly a large cell company.
Ergen wont own AT&T. How could he buy AT&T with his debt? It's just Echostar selling Dish to DirecTV.

They would have over 20 million subs at first. They would be the largest U.S. pay-TV provider.
They combined have 18-19 Million now (about 10-11M for all of DirecTV, 8 Million for Sling/Dish).

By the time this gets approved/denied by the Government, will have about 3 Million less, which actually should help this get approved.

Ergen wont own AT&T. How could he buy AT&T with his debt? It's just Echostar selling Dish to DirecTV.
IS that what it is? I wonder how Charlie gets any money and from who when they merge? IF ATT does buy his assets then I could see how he might get some money out of the deal. But I still wonder where does all the outstanding debt from both companies goes when they merge? Echostar has outstanding debt with DISH part of it. ATT had debt too with Directv.

Sounds like TPG would be the one that runs the new company since they are already running Directv. I think DISH would get some cash out of the deal, but I don't know how. Either way it won't be the same and I am wondering how Sling TV and Directv Stream come out on this deal either. Either way it will be a lot of changes if it does happen.

My question is where does all the debt from both companies go when they merge the two companies?
Stock sale

There is a terrible deficiency in detecting sarcasm around here. The point is, T-Mobile and Sprint merged and as a consequence, Dish, out of the blue, became a cell phone company. Ergen is good at what he does. So the idea that he'd end up owning AT&T would be a likewise, how in heck sort of outcome. Obviously, that isn't going to happen.... but if it did... it'd have Ergen's fingerprints all over it.

One real savings would likely be the elimination of the leased Canadian slot.

Direct and echostar probably are i sitting on enough uunused KU capacity to consolidate around the remaining slots.

IS that what it is? I wonder how Charlie gets any money and from who when they merge? IF ATT does buy his assets then I could see how he might get some money out of the deal. But I still wonder where does all the outstanding debt from both companies goes when they merge? Echostar has outstanding debt with DISH part of it. ATT had debt too with Directv.
According to CordcuttersNews.com. He says Echostar want to just become a wireless company, get Dish off their books just like AT&T did with DTV but still get some cash from Dish.

I don't see how this is possible without this merger spinning off as an independent company away from AT&T. I can't see any way AT&T will be allowed to own two Sat companies.

The other side of things, how does this work for Echostar, unless they get enough cash that it funds the final push out of the mobile system for a few years. The trouble I see is Dish satellite is their only really source of income. How is Echostar going to be a mobile company when they aren't making money (revenue, not profit) being a mobile company?

I don't see how this is possible without this merger spinning off as an independent company away from AT&T. I can't see any way AT&T will be allowed to own two Sat companies.

The other side of things, how does this work for Echostar, unless they get enough cash that it funds the final push out of the mobile system for a few years. The trouble I see is Dish satellite is their only really source of income. How is Echostar going to be a mobile company when they aren't making money (revenue, not profit) being a mobile company?
The TV landscape has changed. DTV and Dish have more competition than it did when it first tried to merge.

Att spun off directv

Starlink and Dish OnDemand?

Hopper 381