EchoStar/Dish raises doubts about 'ability to continue as a going concern'

Just thinking out loud..

Nothing has changed that I can see from many years ago to today. How does it benefit either provider to merge. They would have to come up with money to provide millions of receivers to customers who may still decide to leave as they have been,
Will Dish customers even stay if it isn't the Hopper because the greater cost would seem to be replacing equipment for Direct TV subscribers.

If they aren't going to do any of that, what is the benefit? Two separate companies under the same roof I think solves nothing really. And if it was a gradual changeover, may be too late for that?

I do agree that streaming may have reached a point where they won't gain like they did. But that doesn't change that too many people just can not afford the big bills anymore for TV. Easier to cut back and get a streaming service that is a fraction of the cost, but gives less like Hulu and maybe MAX, along with trying harder to get locals ota.

Just thinking out loud..

Nothing has changed that I can see from many years ago to today. How does it benefit either provider to merge. ...
The combined company might have more bargaining power with the providers.

And they would only have to maintain one set of satellites

Then there is the efficiency of scale. They could combine various departments to avoid duplication, like accounting, tech support, sales, etc. Layoffs would probably be the result.

But besides the receivers, they would also have to replace the dishes and probably the LNBs (I don't know the LNB specs).

Overall, I think it would reduce their average cost per customer.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The combined company might have more bargaining power with the providers.

And they would only have to maintain one set of satellites

Then there is the efficiency of scale. They could combine various departments to avoid duplication, like accounting, tech support, sales, etc. Layoffs would probably be the result.

But besides the receivers, they would also have to replace the dishes and probably the LNBs (I don't know the LNB specs).

Overall, I think it would reduce their average cost per customer.

They'd have to switch all the hardware from one provider to the other which would be an incredible expense and cause churn. A merger makes zero sense and won't happen for a long list of reasons.

I already posted that, have the $20 year special, that is with ads.

If they do not have a similar deal, I will drop the service.

There is not one show I watch from NBC or any of the Universal cable channels (new content on them is pretty limited anyways).
Missed the "with ads" bit .All the other services you listed were without ads so my brain went that way.

Reactions: charlesrshell

More and more streaming FAST channels on DISH

can't create OTA recording when out of home using DA