DVI not workin correctly HELP

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ekyle

Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
South Carolina
My Directv installer hooked up my H10 reciever to my component inputs on my TV but he unhooked half my equipment to do it ( what a retard).
I have enough inputs on my tv for all my AV equipment if i use the DVI input on my tv (which is what i wanted it on anyway). I purchased a HDMI to DVI cable but when i hooked it up to my tv and used the same setting on my reciever but the picture was all scrambled. Then i changed the AV chanel back to the component chanel to play with the settings and only setting i could get the DVI to work on was to set the resolution to ALL and turn on native. The only resolution that would display was 480i, which was even crappier than stantard definition resolution. When did some channel flipping and came to an HD channel the picture scrambled again but came back when i changed back to a SD channel. I have a DTV H10 reciever and a Philips 55" widescreen HDtv model# 55W93 6317F. :confused:

Thanks for the number ill wait to see if anyone can give me some better ideas but i may come to just calling them even though they will probable connet me to Kimmy or Habib like Voom did or they might send out the same moron that installed it the first time.

My only thought is to verify that your D* receiver is transmitting in the same mode that your TV can display. (ie. 720p or 1080i) Maybe that is the problem?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Customer Retention??????

Need some help with my R10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)