Duo ViP 722 Second TV setup

johnsonjf

Original poster
Nov 17, 2010
DFW
I have a new 722 I'm trying to connect to two TV's. I have a Tubro HD 1000 dish and am receiving a good signal.

The wiring configuration, as instructed by a professional installer, is as follows: Cable connected to the LNB --> Sat connector on diplexor. 1 cable from top output of diplexor to 722 receiver. Cable from UHF/VHF out on diplexor to TV 2.

I called the Dish Network Tech Support center and was told to do the following. Cable connected to the LNB --> Sat connector on diplexor. 1 cable from top output of diplexor to 722 receiver. Cable from back of 722 receiver, yellow connector, to TV2.

Can someone please tell me what the correct connection sequene is???

Thank you,
Jeff
diverdad84@yahoo.com

This would probably get a lot more responses if posted in the dishnetwork forum.

Essentially it comes down to how your system is wired. If you have a cable feed going to TV 2 from the 722 you can avoid the diplexor. If you are trying to run one cable with both the satellite feed down to the receiver and the second TV back up the same wire, you would have 2 diplexors and one separator. It would go SAT & Cable in the attic on the same side of the diplexor with the one connection side going to the wire going down to the reciever. On the receiver end of the cable it would go in the single side and on the split side one feed goes to the DPP separator feeding both sat inputs and the other goes to the TV2 output.

Code:
[FONT="Courier New"]
To the sat--|                                     |---to the separator to the 2 sat inputs
            |----------wire down the wall --------|
To TV 2-----|                                     |--- To TV output on the 722
[/FONT]

Neat Duo 222k tech tips

Dish Network Saves You Money

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts