dual lnb question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

icu1954

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
lower alabama
i am planning on adding another c band lnb to my 6 footer which i move by hand which i have it aimed at 87w.when i add the second lnb would it be possible for me to receive 87w and 99w on the same dish?:rolleyes:

i am planning on adding another c band lnb to my 6 footer which i move by hand which i have it aimed at 87w.when i add the second lnb would it be possible for me to receive 87w and 99w on the same dish?:rolleyes:

Though in theory, this should work; the exacting of a prime focus satellite dish and C Band signal reception may hinder the ability of both signals to be received at the same time with the high gain necessary to get enough signal from both LNBf's from a 6' dish. If you had a larger dish, it would be easier, but still a formidable task. I am not saying it is impossible, just very hard to accomplish. With the price of a second dish so low, it would be much better to buy a second dish for another satellites reception. Or, think about putting a motor on the C Band dish you have, with a vbox to position it; you will have easier and better results.

12 degrees away? Highly doubt it. I've got 8 degrees with minimal loss but 12 might be pushing it

Maybe, just maybe. If you aim the dish at 93, then move your feed so it gets 99.(6 degrees off of center) If Q levels are acceptable, go ahead and install the the other LNBF opposite for 87(6 degrees off center) But I will QUOTE richyrich
Though in theory, this should work; the exacting of a prime focus satellite dish and C Band signal reception may hinder the ability of both signals to be received at the same time with the high gain necessary to get enough signal from both LNBf's from a 6' dish. If you had a larger dish, it would be easier, but still a formidable task. I am not saying it is impossible, just very hard to accomplish.

I have my doubts with the 12° space between the two birds.
Kind of depends on what signals you want from each.
But the only hope, would be to offset each LNBF by 6°, and aim the dish between the two satellites.

If you should insist on trying this plan, you can simulate it by moving your one LNBF 6° off-center, and then move the motor to reacquire the satellite.
Then, leave your LNBF alone,and swing the dish to the other bird and check signals again.
If you find both satellites are receivable that way, then you could build up a contraption similar to that shown in this thread by Pendragon.
Don't get distracted by his goal; I'm only pointing to the thread to show how he mounted two LNBFs side by side.
Scroll further down in the thread to see similar efforts by ACradio.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

looking for a remote?

Looking for suggestions for markets best receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)