DTV-Slingbox

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The Slingbox is the greatest electronic gizmo of the 21st centuary so far. (ipad comes a close second) :)

I have 6 Slingboxes now and LOVE THEM! No matter where I am I have my programming in the palm of my hands.

The Slingbox is the greatest electronic gizmo of the 21st centuary so far. (ipad comes a close second) :)

I have 6 Slingboxes now and LOVE THEM! No matter where I am I have my programming in the palm of my hands.

I agree about the sling (dont have an Ipad, but have used one. They are impressive).
Even though the sling app was expensive for android, it is the app that I use the most. Worth the money for me.

My brother made it through the surgery and is resting well according to the nurse. I just got back from the hospital and I have to tell you that Slingbox is all it says it is. He will be ecstatic when he finds out he can watch everything he liked to watch at home. Thanks to all of you for the kind words.
Glad to hear that, and enjoy the slingbox.

D* Signals are encrypted. So the wires from your dish need to go to your D* receiver for the signal to be viewable.

Use the wires you would normally put to your TV and connect those to the sling box.

need a clarification here: I understand the D* signal is encrypted. If I take the coax out that goes to the TV and hook it up to the Slingbox, will this work or *must* you use the composite inputs?

excuse me for being a newbie - i'd try it but the Slingbox is on the other side of town at the moment!

Any output should work. If you see picture on the tv on that output and connect it to sling you will be good.

Slingbox picture on remote tv?

Can the slingbox picture shown on a remote laptop be "slung" to a remote tv? If so, what kind of picture quality can be expected?
Thanks!

need a clarification here: I understand the D* signal is encrypted. If I take the coax out that goes to the TV and hook it up to the Slingbox, will this work or *must* you use the composite inputs?

excuse me for being a newbie - i'd try it but the Slingbox is on the other side of town at the moment!

Depends on the sling. If there is an input for coax then it will work. Different versions have different inputs.

Can the slingbox picture shown on a remote laptop be "slung" to a remote tv? If so, what kind of picture quality can be expected?
Thanks!

You could connect that laptop to the tv easy enough. There was a product called sling bridge but I'm not sure how that panned out. Quality over lan should be great.

Thanks. I have a new home in Florida that, for now, I can only spend a limited amount of time at (thus, no cable or satellite service). Slingbox seems to be a perfect solution and being able to watch it on a 50" tv instead of a small monitor makes it even better!

Thanks. I have a new home in Florida that, for now, I can only spend a limited amount of time at (thus, no cable or satellite service). Slingbox seems to be a perfect solution and being able to watch it on a 50" tv instead of a small monitor makes it even better!
It is only perfect if you have sufficient Internet bandwidth at both locations to facilitate a quality picture. For most, that means a high speed cable or fiber connection at each end. Pricewise, it may be difficult to justify versus a standard digital cable televisiion package.

Slingbox on a 50" TV over an internet connection would be tough to watch, even with a great internet connection at both ends. The most important factor is the UPLOAD speed at the location of the Slingbox.

Slingbox to a TV over a LAN (Same home) would work great, but over internet is tough for that big a TV. A laptop, ipad, maybe a 19 inch TV would probably be watchable.

That said, if you have great speed at both sides, try it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Whole Home DVR limit

DIRECTV Offer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)