DTV has gone insane-24 month for changing programming???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Although this sucks and seems heartless, why is it E*s or D*S responsibility to revoke the contract because of the customers bad luck. If you buy a car and total it 6 months later you still have to make the payments. You might have insurance that pays it off but your homeowners might pay off the rest of the Satellite contract also.
When a receiver costs as much as a car you might have an arguement but whether its D or E or one of the cable co's we all know that the high end hd dvr receivers do not cost anywhere near the production value of the most basic car that any manufacturer produces. If you want to dissect it further down to the pay scale and length of committment ect ect let me know.

good post. this whole 24 month commitment is disgusting. hook me with this BS as a new customer but to involve any current customer under these contracts for 24 months or extend a current contract by that much more is ridiculous.
Cell phone co's do it if you want a new phone or have to get one, this happened to me in 03 when I had to get a new phone because I could not find my phone charger on an emergency trip. And when I made changes to my phone plan the contract was extended each time without my being told until the fourth time I made a change ( thanks sprint pcs ).

Thats the business model. Pretty sad when you have to keep customers like prisoners. Quality should keep them, not contracts.:rolleyes: One year should be the max contract by law for any TV service. The government should be regulating this kind of crap instead of screwing up important things.
Best thing that I have ever heard you say :up

So they didn't change the rules and are now adding commits for programming changes in general ?

If that's the case, that's good, it seemed like a pretty dumb idea from the beginning.

How about nudging them to drop commits for those that have already served thier original 2 year commit ?

Jimbo
No they don't add an extension to programming changes, I discussed this yesterday with a csr at length and can only assume that the ones Scott has mentioned are people who have also added new equipment on top of the programming changes.

There use to be a place on D*'s website (it use to be the main page once you were logged in) that would clearly tell you if you were in a commitment and how long, but unfortunately I can no longer find it.

They don't want you to know when your committment is over, because once customers know that date they then start to shop around looking for a better deal.

They would much rather have you call in and speak to someone in customer retention to get that information so they can start asking you questions seeing what they need to do to keep you as a customer beyond the expiration of your contract.

People just don't ask when their contract is over, there is always a reason behind it, and if it was up to the service providers you would be in a contract forever.

Good news everyone! Directv now has a new dish setup that doesnt require any contract extension!

Even better, you can easily take it with you on the road and to your vacation home!

Attachments

• directvs new model.jpg
    directvs new model.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 129
Good news is that its a Wireless Entropic Toroidal Network Olfactory Semiconductor External (W.E.T.N.O.S.E) LNB, so theres no need to attach any wires. Thats REALLY good news.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Will this tree be a problem?

Adding 4th HD DVR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)