DTV and Dish Network Discuss Merger Talks Again

it will be interesting to see people call in threatening to dump dtv and go with dish. to see what discounts they can get. now that they may merge :coco
They have lower pricing then DTV. I wonder if you could switch without paying the ETF? I guess that would happen until after closing?

They have lower pricing then DTV. I wonder if you could switch without paying the ETF? I guess that would happen until after closing?
interesting last time when we ran the numbers dtv came out cheaper than dish after all of the fees the rep told to us. i wonder what there gonna do with sling

Any merger would have to be carefully handled with the custies. Otherwise, there will be a lot of “well, I’ve got to change anyway; I might as well look at my other options.”

Some will leave just because they don’t like “the other guy.”

I’m interested in how they will sell this idea to the gummint. Vague “back room savings” won’t cut it.

PS- For a while, Echostar made boxes that could be programmed for both systems. A lot has changed since then. But maybe the hopper, with or without an additional box, could handle both. Doubtful, but maybe. I expect any requirement to swap out dishes and LNBs would be a killer.
so what will direct do with sling tv??? i know most are not going to pay dtv stream rates!!! if they get rid of sling tv then they will have to come up with a skinny bundle that matches sling tv at the same price point. then you have the dtv haters that will just walk away. some speculation from a csr's mouth everyone will be moved over to the DTV system in time. just pure speculation now but who knows how this will all play out.

New DIRECTV Satellite pricing

Directv Satellite Service Call