Does viewsat 2000 support sg-2100 motor?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gong

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2005
I just bought a viewsat 2000 receiver. Trying to set it up with my motor sg-2100 but can't find any way to conrol the motor in the viewsat 2000 menu. Althoug in the menu has a motor section, but it does not offer the diseqc 1.2 selection for controlling the motor.

Viewsat Set Up

I, too, am a newbie. I have been trying to get set up off and on for months with no success. This is my third try. The manuals are almost useless when it comes to detail. Like the writer before me, I can't find any info re the motor in the Viewsat Manual. There is no info regarding whether the unit is USALS compatible. My dish is plumb. It's pointed south. I have my elevation and latitude set per the manual.

I get noise levels up to #4 on my strength meter as I go through the channels. However, I have no idea what info to put in all those fields on the installation page. There were no instructions in the LNB boxes. Yet, I keep reading that I may need to adjust the LNBs. There is nothing to adjust. My woes go on and on. I don't know what else to do. I'm at my wits end. If I can just get started, I'm sure I can make it from there. In my, case, I haven't been able to even get started. Would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

I'm not sure about the Viewsat 2k, not familiar with that receiver.

You might try starting out without the motor, just to find where the satellites are. Once you are comfortable aiming the dish, then you can try with the motor again. This often helps when someone is initially setting up a system.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ariza 750 cx "Scrambled or bad channels"

Sloppy Dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)