do i need 119?

dottedquad

Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
Hello all,
I just received my DishDVR 625 in the mail and ready to install. I checked the Dish on the roof and it only shows one coax cable connected to the 110 coax terminal. The 119 terminal is empty. The diagram in the user manual shows two coaxial, one for 110 and 119. In the diagram, both are connected into a VideoPath Mutlti-Dish Switch Model DP34 107107(which I do have). I plan on hooking up 3 tvs. Two from the DVR 625 receiver and one from the dish311 receiver. The installation seems pretty straight forward, but I am not sure if the 119 is required for a successful installation.

-Rich

DP34 requires 2 cables. Is your dish a DPP Twin LNBF? If so, you need 2 cables coming from the LNBF, 1 for each receiver.

The 311 you just connect the 1 cable to the receiver. With the 625, you connect the sat feed to a separator which connects to the 2 satellite inputs. Also diplexers are optional for carrying the TV2 signal on the same line.

Otherwise, you're gonna need 3 lines, 1 for the 311, and 2 for the 625. I'm not sure on diplexer compatibility with legacy equipment.

sounds like there is only one cable from the roof

Run a 2nd line from the roof (dish). Both cables go into the DP34 switch you have. The inputs are on the left side (usually) of the switch. Hook 2 cables from the switch to the 625 and one to the 311

yes you need 119 in this case. That has most of the channels ;)

Yeah, I should elaborate a little, as Iceberg said you need 2 cables from the dish, to the DP34, and 3 from the DP34 to the receivers, 1 for 311, 2 for 625.

And, as already stated, 119 is crucial in order to receive all channels. If anything it's more important than 110, though you don't wanna be without 110 either.

Thank you all for the responses. I guess I have to break out the ladder and climb to the roof :-( Why did the sat tech not install 119 and only 110? When he installed everything I only had a 311.

The DVR came with a Triplexer. I am not sure If that is needed since I have a DP34.

-Rich

When he installed everything I only had a 311.
thats why....he didnt future-proof. You had a single tuner receiver so they hooked it up as such

Now as noted above if the LNB says "DishProPlus" then you wouldnt need the DP34 switch....but I have a feeling it is a simple "DishPro" (says DP on the LNB) so you will. Regardless you do need 2 lines from the dish

oh cool
Then you still need to run another cable but you dont need the switch then. Run the cable directly to the 625 and hook up the separator (looks like a splitter) that came with the 625

LNB output 1---------cable----------------------------------311
LNB output 2---------cable-------------------------------separator output 1-----tuner 1 on 625
-----------------------------------------------------------separator output 2-----tuner 2 on 625

I am looking at the Triplexer that came with the DVR. It only has one input(54-2150MHz) and 3 additional terminals(outputs?). Antenna(not needed), satellite in(1650-2150Mhz), and satellite in(950-1450MHz). If the the LNBF requires 110 and 119 where is the 119 hooking into the triplexor? Does the 119 cable get attached to the input of the triplexer and the 110 attach to the 311 receiver? I am a little confused about the triplexor because I have not detached the lnbf from the dish to see how many outputs there are. Are both 110 and 119 signals running into the input of the triplexor and the triplexor will separate the signals?

-Rich

Last edited:
this is the separator

c65cfcad7df4756ce61ff4f9ba97be51.jpg

I have not seen the triplexer so I cant comment

There is a built-in switch inside your DPP twin that can feed up to two dual-tuner Dish receivers with either 110 or 119. Just connect one LNB output to the input on your triplexer, and the two "satellite in" jacks go to the two tuners of your 625. The other LNB output goes to your 311.

Last edited:
After doing some research about the different lnbfs I answered my own question. Thank you all for your assistance.

Last edited:

Dish Customer Service has no loyalty to customers

How is it determined to use the Western Arc, or Eastern Arc?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)