Disney/ESPN & DIRECTV Reach Deal

I am considering suspending my account until November, and signing up for Hulu +live TV. The transition will be painful, and the total cost will go up.
If it goes on for more than 1 week, I may also be doing that.

Looking at costs for adding Hulu live to the bundle vs YoutubeTV. I don't need RSNs anymore so will probably save a lot. Have to check my contract but I think I have a few months left after something last year.

Reactions: lordodogg
Did you click on the DTV link at the bottom? Says something about check for credit options.

My account goes to the AT&T site. They put me over there because I have an AT&T mobile number, but it is with Consumer Cellular which uses AT&T facilities but bills seperately. I hate that. I will call after Labor Day to try to get the SPorts back removed. In my last call to Retention, I clearly stated that I wanted the ESPN channels and ACCN, nothing more, and I downgraded from Choice to Entertainment plus Sports Pack. Now one day into September, I am paying 14.95 a monthe for a totally useless package.
ESPN really needs to pick and play or maybe part of an sports theme pack

To be clear on ABC, if you have satellite and are not in an O&O market, you still get ABC. If you are on stream, the rights for ABC are negotiated at ABC for all affiliates. Same for Fox, NBC and CBS. Stream gets affected when network owners are in a dispute.

I received the one time $20 credit, via the TV Promise page / site. On the other hand, it truly sucks that this has happened. I watched some of the ESPN channels for various baseball and football programming, on a pretty regular basis. I also watched FX occasionally too. The second season of the series titled The Old Man, starring Jeff Bridges, John Lithgow and others is scheduled to premiere on FX, on / around September 12. Here's hoping that some sort of new deal can be worked out and agreed on between DIRECTV and Disney, in the not too distant future.

I received the one time $20 credit, via the TV Promise page / site. On the other hand, it truly sucks that this has happened. I watched some of the ESPN channels for various baseball and football programming, on a pretty regular basis. I also watched FX occasionally too. The second season of the series titled The Old Man, starring Jeff Bridges, John Lithgow and others is scheduled to premiere on FX, on / around September 12. Here's hoping that some sort of new deal can be worked out and agreed on between DIRECTV and Disney, in the not too distant future.
A lot of the ESPN stuff, will be on ESPN+ for the next week, including MNF next Monday, video is in real 1080P (not up converted) vs 720P on DirecTV.

If you have Hulu, The Old Man will be on there, either same day or next day, the big bonus, it is in 4K on Hulu, vs 720P on DirecTV.

Use that $20 credit towards a month of Disney bundle, ESPN+, Hulu, Disney+, commercial free, 4K for $26.99.

You would get the majority of content that is lost due to these negotiations, ABC also, after a month, would assume there would be a agreement by then

Keep in mind, these shows Will still be available once this dispute is over in its entirety.

Found this on reddit, looks like a good site to give you the best options for what you watch.
www.suppose.tv
Thank you for that link. It looks like I can get what I want least expensively from YTTV for only a little more than I have been paying DIRECTV (with loyalty discount). I will sign up for a free trial tomorrow, then call DIRECTV to suspend my account.

Reading around it sounds like most if not all non Disney owned affiliates have been taken down from Directv Stream as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for that link. It looks like I can get what I want least expensively from YTTV for only a little more than I have been paying DIRECTV (with loyalty discount). I will sign up for a free trial tomorrow, then call DIRECTV to suspend my account.
Welcome to the Dark Side.

Give yourself about 1-2 weeks to get used to it.

Welcome to the Dark Side.

Give yourself about 1-2 weeks to get used to it.
I have decided to wait until later in the week to start the free trial so that I can watch Syracuse play Georgia Tech this weekend, if Disney and DIRECTV don't settle. I have tried YTTV in the past. If DIRECTV hasn't settled by next Monday, I will suspend the account. But my DIRECTV package is cheaper then YTTV, if they can settle.

For anyone specifically after ESPN & ESPN2, Sling Orange is $20 for the first month, $40 after, DVR option is free for the first month as well (normally $5). Not a bad option for the live sports especially as supplemental if the dispute only goes a short time.

For anyone specifically after ESPN & ESPN2, Sling Orange is $20 for the first month, $40 after, DVR option is free for the first month as well (normally $5). Not a bad option for the live sports especially as supplemental if the dispute only goes a short time.
As of this morning they are offering it for $25 off...$15 for the first month.

A lot of the ESPN stuff, will be on ESPN+ for the next week, including MNF next Monday, video is in real 1080P (not up converted) vs 720P on DirecTV.

If you have Hulu, The Old Man will be on there, either same day or next day, the big bonus, it is in 4K on Hulu, vs 720P on DirecTV.

Use that $20 credit towards a month of Disney bundle, ESPN+, Hulu, Disney+, commercial free, 4K for $26.99.

You would get the majority of content that is lost due to these negotiations, ABC also, after a month, would assume there would be a agreement by then
It is definitely a case of different strokes for different folks over here. I have never really gotten into the streaming thing, and most likely never will. It's just really not my "cup of tea", so to say. For example : I get HBO MAX via my HBO subscription with DIRECTV. I have access to other options like Prime Video, via my Amazon Prime subscription. I have only used it for occasional live NFL games, and a few documentary titles. I also have access to Paramount+, via my Paramount+ with Showtime subscription with DIRECTV. It has been used for an occasional "new" movie that eventually winds up on the Showtime / Movie Channel suite of TV channels, most of the time. I don't do options like ESPN+, Hulu or Disney+. When all is said and done, I will do without the channels until a new agreement can get worked out.

As there are a variety of ways to get your programming while saving money being thrown out there in this thread, I'll mention that YouTubeTV has referral credits.

I will opt not to just put my referral code here to avoid this becoming a thread of a bunch of people posting theirs (guess I could put it in my signature - if this is not permitted let me know), but reach out to me, Bruce or Ronnie-, to name a few, believe we all are current subscribers and in the short term if you do end up paying for a month or two new subscribers can save a few bucks.

Of course, if you have questions beyond what's being discussed, there's the whole other subforum for that - Internet Television (IPTV) Discussion Forum

Change is hard and disputes suck. Good luck folks.

DTV and Dish Network Discuss Merger Talks Again