Disney/ESPN & DIRECTV Reach Deal

There's no overall Hearst dispute. The issue is that if Disney goes dark, so does the streaming rights to the 3rd party ABC affiliates:
https://www.wtae.com/article/directtv-stream-wtae/62019515
The continued carriage of WTAE, a local ABC Network affiliate, on the DIRECTV Stream internet-delivered video service, is dependent on the successful negotiation between DIRECTV and The Walt Disney Company. Viewers who receive WTAE via a satellite dish attached to your home, will not be impacted.

The removal of WTAE's signal from DIRECTV Stream will only occur if The Walt Disney Company and DIRECTV fail to reach an agreement by 7pm (Eastern) on September 1st, 2024.

Neither WTAE nor Hearst, the station’s parent company, is involved in the discussions between DIRECTV and The Walt Disney Company.

Well it is official, I guess it went offline at 5pm Mountain time of all things, 7pm ET
IMG_0376.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: Jimbo
For some damn reason they pulled the ABC which is NOT owned by ABC or ESPN
Its own locally by Hubbard Broadcasting.
We do not have an ABC in Mankato and they give us KSTP St Paul/Minneapolis.

From DIRECTV.

• We’re disappointed that Disney chose to put customers into the middle of negotiations
  • We appreciate your patience while DIRECTV works this matter out with Disney
  • Our goal is always to deliver the content that you want at a value that also makes sense to you
  • Please visit directv.com/tvpromise for more information

LOCAL CHANNEL PROGRAMMING IMPACTED

DMA #
DMA
Actual Station
Network
DBS Channel
602​
Chicago, ILWLSABC
7​
866​
Fresno-Visalia, CAKFSNABC
30​
618​
Houston, TXKTRKABC
13​
803​
Los Angeles, CAKABCABC
7​
501​
New York, NYWABCABC
7​
504​
Philadelphia, PAWPVIABC
6​
560​
Raleigh-Durham, NCWTVDABC
11​
807​
San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose, CAKGOABC
7​

NATIONAL CHANNEL PROGRAMMING IMPACTED

Channel Name
Channel
ESPN206
ESPN Deportes466
ESPN2209
ESPNews207
ESPNU208
ACC Network612
BabyTV425
Disney Channel290
Disney Junior289
Disney XD292
Freeform311
FX248
FX Movie Channel258
FXX259
Nat Geo276
Nat Geo Mundo435
Nat Geo WILD283
SEC Network611

ABC owns the streaming rights to their programming and negotiates streaming carriage on behalf of their affiliates, so they can't stream them without a deal with Disney. It also applies to logging in with your account on the ABC.com player.

Watching 3rd party affiliates via satellite or U-Verse isn't affected by this.

Reactions: lordodogg
I signed up for SPorts Pack in order to get the ESPN channels and ACC Network. They are all dark now. I checked if I could remove the package, but it says I am in for the season and can't cancel. I don't see any $20 credit when I enter my zipcode. My ABC station is unaffected. (Satellite customer).

• Sad
Reactions: lordodogg and AZ.
I signed up for SPorts Pack in order to get the ESPN channels and ACC Network. They are all dark now. I checked if I could remove the package, but it says I am in for the season and can't cancel. I don't see any $20 credit when I enter my zipcode. My ABC station is unaffected. (Satellite customer).
Did you click on the DTV link at the bottom? Says something about check for credit options.

Also my account which isn't bundled with at&t worked fine but parents account which is bundled did not.

Did you click on the DTV link at the bottom? Says something about check for credit options.
Also my account which isn't bundled with at&t worked fine but parents account which is bundled did not.
My account goes to the AT&T site. They put me over there because I have an AT&T mobile number, but it is with Consumer Cellular which uses AT&T facilities but bills seperately. I hate that. I will call after Labor Day to try to get the SPorts back removed. In my last call to Retention, I clearly stated that I wanted the ESPN channels and ACCN, nothing more, and I downgraded from Choice to Entertainment plus Sports Pack. Now one day into September, I am paying 14.95 a monthe for a totally useless package.

DTV and Dish Network Discuss Merger Talks Again