Dishonline Live TV full screen key strokes

Jim5506

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Slaton, Texas
Has anyone experimented with keystrokes while in full screen mode - live TV on DishOnline?

So far I have found the up and down arrows change the channel up and down and the number keys can be used to enter channel numbers with no enter key necessary - type 150 for speed, 120 for History Channel, etc.

R is rewind.
U is Pause
F is fast forward.
P is play.
L jumps to live TV.
Backspace does something funky but I'm not sure what it is, the screen freezes, then after 10 sec or so it goes black and says payper view is not supported. I have to ESC to the regular screen to get picture back.
CTRL+SHIFT+R puts the record light on on TV2 but I'm not sure it records, because when I look at MY DVR with TV1 the light goes out and there is no listing of the channel recorded.

These seem to be close to the keystrokes for the Dish remote on my slingbox, perhaps a subset.

Last edited:
S and or D use to do something funky too.. and would usually screw up my watching, having to close the playback window (Dish Remote Access) and then open up said item again (dvr playback).

The keys should be the same at Dish Online because they both use the same base player for Live TV & DVR playback.... other content can come from multiple sources, not sure how they'd handle the keys.. (ie. Hulu, HBO, Starz, etc)

Jim5506,

Thanks for the information. I have not experimented with keystrokes yet since I have the options on the player when I use DISHonline or Remote Access. Thanks again.

Jim5506,

Thanks for the information. I have not experimented with keystrokes yet since I have the options on the player when I use DISHonline or Remote Access. Thanks again.
you don't have options on the player when in full screen .. unless something's changed since the 23rd.

DISH Network Retailer Chat Recap - July 13, 2011

A headless DVR with a Slingcatcher?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)