Dish question and a thank you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

123tim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
Pennsylvania
I'm adding this as a new post, though it sort of ties in with my recent post questioning fiberglass dishes.

This will probably be my last post for a while. Because of the excellent help that I've received from the members of this forum, I feel that I can make an "informed" decision on the purchase of a FTA system.

This is my one final question:

I'll be upgrading the offered 31 inch dish to 36 inches for an additional $15.00. I have the option of upgrading to a one meter dish for $85.00. Would the average enthusiast (living in central Pennsylvania) regret not upgrading to one meter at this point? Both upgrades are Fortec dishes. Since I am way over budget on what I had intended to pay for a system, this might be a hard question to answer. I have made several system upgrades (in my mind at least) to what I intend to buy, and feel pretty good about everything but the antenna. I was set buying a Wineguard 1 meter (after talking to PSB) I was knocked into the Fortec dishes because Wineguards aren't offered with the system that I'm considering.

Unless this last post gets any strong arguments or suggestions, the system that I'll be ordering will consist of:

1 Fortec Star Classic Lifetime (I hope!) receiver.
1 Stab HH90 motor drive.
1 Fortec 36 inch dish.
1 Universal .4db single KU LNBF

This will be quite an upgrade from the one TV channel that we get now!

I feel sort of guilty of buying all of this at once, especially when it seems like knowledgeable people in this hobby have less of a system. I like package deals, and I know that I'll probably be using the same exact system twenty years from now when everyone else has holographic televisions and flying cars. :)

I'd like to thank everyone who has answered any of my posts. I really appreciate all of the input and suggestions. I have considered everything that was said, and it all has been an incredible help. Without your help, I would have purchased something that I would have been unhappy with.

Cool! We are here to help!

Since you will have your system for a long time I would consider the 1 meter dish.

On the other hand I use a 36" dish with very little problems at all. Even during a recent HEAVY thunder storm I still managed to watch 98% of my FTA channels.......

Get as BIG a dish as you can afford :yes

I think that sounds like a great system and you have chosen very well. I don't know that the 1 Meter is worth the extra $85 especially if you are over-extended now. Alot of guys here use a 36 inch with good results. As long as you will be using a good LNB (which you are) and a decent size dish you should be good. Will there ever come a time when a signal cuts out-probably. But you will get 95% of what you want I would say.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Extended Wi Fi with C-Band Dish

HELP!!!Screen Went BLANK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts