dish pro plus and accutrac 22 pro

bweiteka

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 9, 2004
Champaign, IL
I'm having trouble peaking these DPP lnb's with my accutrac 22 pro. I've been using it for a year on superdishes and it's a champ, but i can't figure out what's up with these dpp twins. When I use my meter to peak the dish and check the sig inside its only 70-80. I use the receiver to tweak the signal up above 100, then put my meter back in line and the signal on my meter is less than it was before. I must peak the dish with a dp twin then swap lnb's to get it right on one try, so am i missing something? the few other installers i know that use this meter have the same problem.

With the DPP twin (if you are looking at the connections) you want to use the one on the far left or closest to the outside. That is the one that powers the twin. That being said it is still a much lower signal than what you get with a standard twin.

I use a Channel Master 1008 meter. I find it is much easier to use a standard twin to peak the dish then put the DPP twin back on as well. With the way I run wire to the dish I have to pull the LNB off anyway so it really is no big deal to use the old twin.

I have just gotten the 1009IFD I am hopping it will work better with the DPP Twin.

it takes a lot of power to run those DPP twins, I just keep an old dual LNB to peak with and then switch over to the DPP when I get the lines run.

Potential New Customer (Currently a Voom Customer)

Want to cancel DVR but confusing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)