Dish Olympic Coverage

To further emphasize their anti-viewer stance, they recently removed Peacock as a free service for Comcast Internet subscribers.
Hard to believe they want to try and make money with Peacock.

Reactions: charlesrshell
It was the version with ads.
So, cable channels have commercials, they definitely are not free.

Do Comcast Internet subscribers get free TV and phone service?

The service needs to take in more revenue so to become profitable, to keep giving it away defeats that.

But if you do not want Peacock past the Olympics, just cancel.

With the Olympic Opening Ceremony on Friday evening I still don’t see any 4K HDR coverage scheduled on Dish channel 540-04. Last Olympics Dish had a lot of coverage and even had an app. This time I don’t see anything. What is going on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the Olympic Opening Ceremony on Friday evening I still don’t see any 4K HDR coverage scheduled on Dish channel 540-04. Last Olympics Dish had a lot of coverage and even had an app. This time I don’t see anything. What is going on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The opening ceremony will not be 4K this year. It isn’t in 4K by any provider. While that part is set in concrete, the USA coverage will be 4K and some of that begins tomorrow but it isn’t in the guide yet.

I posted this in another thread, but so this one is complete - on the VIP211k, there are 2 channels advertising the Paris Olympics (147 and 207), and 2 channels that are currently signed off until Saturday, channels 297 and 298. Channel 146 is the Olympics app and eventually this site will have info about the Olympics: MyDISH

An easier way to find the channels (on my Hopper 3):
146 the DISH App
(147 a static screen? telling you where the app is)
148-01 USA
148-02 OLA4K1: mostly USA but in 4K HDR
148-03 PARS1: another Olympics channel
148-04 PARS2: yet another Olympics channel
148-05 E!
148-06 CNBC
148-07 GOLF
148-08 Telemundo (Spanish)
148-09 Univision (Spanish)
148-10 Olympics On Demand (same as App?)
151 DISH Sports Multi-Channel View (mostly Olympics?)

I found more women's soccer on E!, PARS1, and PARS2. It's still not all matches, and not even all the matches I want to see, but it's more.

I also figured out how to view Peacock on my Sony smart TV, so I don't have to squint at my tablet ($8 for the month).

I haven't watched the Olympics in about 30 years. I do enjoy many of the events, but got tired of the presentation. They would do 5 minutes of an event, 10 minutes of someone's life history, then 5 minutes of commercials. I know they have to have commercials, but I didn't care to watch all the background stuff.

Anyone who makes it to this level has put in a lot of work, and they and their families have made sacrifices. I get it, just don't want to watch it.

Anyway, this morning I was channel surfing and came across Boxing, watched it for an hour or so, very good coverage. I flipped to another channel during a commercial and came across a sport I've never seen. WTH? A mixture of basketball, football, and hockey. What's the name of it, where did it come from, does anyone play that in the USA? Weird.

American handball is totally different from Olympic handball. American handball is like racketball played with the hands instead of rackets. I know a few American handball players, nothing like what I saw on TV today.

Like the Dish options with the Olympics and being able to record. Quality is better on Peacock, but spoilers exist on Peacock, where as the ability to record everything on the Hopper is sweet!

Where can I find an old Dishplayer 7100?

Recent quality problems with local Twin Cities PBS tpt channel 2