DISH Network(TM) Signs up to Sponsor Roush Racing's ''All-Stars''

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/061211/20061211005806.html?.v=1

CONCORD, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Roush Racing announced today that DISH Network(TM) has signed on as a primary sponsor in the NASCAR Busch Series and the NEXTEL Cup Series, with additional status as an associate sponsor on all Roush entries.
ADVERTISEMENT

DISH Network will have a team representative in all 35 Busch Races in 2007, alternating between four Roush Busch teams. Greg Biffle will drive the No. 16 DISH Network Ford Fusion in five NEXTEL Cup races in 2007, the first of which will be at Pocono Raceway in June. When DISH Network is not featured as a primary sponsor, they will appear on each NEXTEL Cup, Busch and Craftsman Truck Series entry as an associate sponsor.

An array of drivers from each Roush team will form the "DISH All-Stars." Driving for DISH Network in 2007 as part of the "All-Star" team will be Mark Martin, Matt Kenseth, Greg Biffle, Carl Edwards, Jamie McMurray, Todd Kluever, Danny O'Quinn, Jr., Erik Darnell and Michel Jourdain, Jr.

Mark Martin will kick off the season for DISH Network in the February Daytona Busch race. Martin will be behind the wheel of the DISH Network Ford Fusion twice in 2007, the second of which will be the spring Texas race. The remaining "DISH All-Stars" will split time behind the wheel throughout the season.

"We are proud to have DISH Network on board with us for next year," said team owner Jack Roush. "Having them involved as a primary sponsor in our Busch Series programs is a real honor and hopefully we will put them in victory lane several times throughout the season. On behalf of everyone at Roush Racing, I'd like to welcome DISH Network to our team."

Bobby Billman, senior vice president of Marketing for DISH Network, is excited to be on board with Roush Racing in 2007.

"DISH Network is thrilled to have the unique opportunity to sponsor such an elite racing team," said Billman. "NASCAR is one of the most popular sports in the country with millions of devoted fans, and we believe it will be an exciting way for us to communicate the unparalleled value DISH Network offers its customers."

I would doubt it Juan. Hehe. I read about the incar package a few weeks back. Sounds ok I guess. Read about E* sponsering the roush cars this year. I was expecting this to happen at some point as D* is a nascar sponsor and associate sponser on the RCR cars. Sponsor a roush car though??? I may have to switch to D* now.

I find it hard to believe that Mark Martin will be in a Fusion at all nest year. He is no longer with Rousch. He moved to MB2 Motor Sports and will be driving a chevy.

I can see it now.

First they will lose a lot of races because Charlie has them use cheap tires and regular unleaded 87 octane gas.

Then after they win a race, they will be caught using illegal engine modifications and banned for the rest of the season.

I can see it now.

First they will lose a lot of races because Charlie has them use cheap tires and regular unleaded 87 octane gas.

Then after they win a race, they will be caught using illegal engine modifications and banned for the rest of the season.

Sorry, you are getting yourself confused with Jimmy Johnson my dear friend. Actually, NASCAR I believe has been using unleaded now for next year.

Who is Jimmy Johnson? The football coach?

BTW, the gas used in a NASCAR race is 110 or 112 octane. Racing fuel.

You see, the joke was that Charlie is cheap. And that he would have his race car using 87 octane to save money.

Mark will be in a Chevy for MB2 as well in a few Busch races. He will run some truck races in a Ford owned by the Woods Bros. I agree with you Dodge. He and Roush should have come up with a better contract and sponser package to keep him. He hinted about full time again in 2008. With Roush????????????????????

Hopefully, Dish will give us Nascar Incar this is some neat stuff if ur really into Nascar and sinse they are now a sponser it seems like they would! Come on Dish get on the damn stick! Do something! :hungry:

L.343 fixed my HDMI issue.

downloading dvr content???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)