Dish Network DVR Question

You could put it on DVD if you have a TV card on your computer. You could put a splitter on you output line of your receiver and run one line to your computer and the other to your TV.

With the video part you can just put a VCR inline with your TV. You could also do DVD this way if you have a DVD recorder.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

thiggin2 said:
With the video part you can just put a VCR inline with your TV. You could also do DVD this way if you have a DVD recorder.

How would i go about doing that?

Just like you would normally record anything on your VCR, hook your VCR to either your coax output cable from your reciever or your RCA outputs. Then just play the show you want and record.
Now for the DVD recorder I think it should be along the same lines.

thiggin2 said:
Just like you would normally record anything on your VCR, hook your VCR to either your coax output cable from your reciever or your RCA outputs. Then just play the show you want and record.
Now for the DVD recorder I think it should be along the same lines.
We tried hooking it up like normal but all that recorded was a black screen?

thiggin2 said:
did you have it on the right channels??? I have mine hooked up and it works.
I'm pretty sure we did. Does it have to be on a specific channel?

Could it be a copyright thing ?

PepsiRyan said:
We tried hooking it up like normal but all that recorded was a black screen?
Define "normal."

The typical way is to use the RF out. Set the VCR to record ch 3 (or 4, whichever matches the output of your receiver).

The preferred way is to use the A/V outs (S-video if your recording device accepts it). Set the VCR to Aux, Line, L1, ch 0, rear, or whatever it calls that input. You may have to RTFM :eek: .

Why not buy VOOM HD content?

Press Release: Echostar Communications Buys Rainbow 1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)