Dish Letter for outdated equipment

Nebugeater

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Did some searching and didn't find anything that is not fairly old.

Got this letter that I have a screen capture of the part that means anything.
I read this because they want me to upgrade, not that I have to at this time.

Has anyone else recently received this and followed through? If I get the equipment updated, does that trigger a new 2-year commitment?

Here is what I have
VIP722K leased from 7/2009 Feed one HD TV and use a wireless HDM transmitter to stream the mirrored output to two other TV's Don't ever need different programming at the same time on those
VIP612 purchased from 3/2013 Feed one HD TV and use a wireless HDM transmitter to stream the mirrored output to one other TV Don't ever need different programming at the same time on these
VIP211Z purchased from 9/2015 One TV Used some but keep it active at all times to be able to grab and go with my Tailgater

Have external HD on all three of these.

I am just looking for any thoughts on the letter and thought it would be beneficial to share what I have set up.

Attachments

• dish letter.jpg
    dish letter.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 165
Did some searching and didn't find anything that is not fairly old.

Got this letter that I have a screen capture of the part that means anything.
I read this because they want me to upgrade, not that I have to at this time.

Has anyone else recently received this and followed through? If I get the equipment updated, does that trigger a new 2-year commitment?

Here is what I have
VIP722K leased from 7/2009 Feed one HD TV and use a wireless HDM transmitter to stream the mirrored output to two other TV's Don't ever need different programming at the same time on those
VIP612 purchased from 3/2013 Feed one HD TV and use a wireless HDM transmitter to stream the mirrored output to one other TV Don't ever need different programming at the same time on these
VIP211Z purchased from 9/2015 One TV Used some but keep it active at all times to be able to grab and go with my Tailgater

Have external HD on all three of these.

I am just looking for any thoughts on the letter and thought it would be beneficial to share what I have set up.
That is not a legitimate Dish telephone number. I would disregard it entirely.

Just FYI - although this happened 2 years ago so I”m not sure if they are trying the same old trick these days. A family member got a letter like this to upgrade to the Hopper 3 for free, get upgraded to the T250 package and had a very low price guarantee for 2 years and a technician visit within 24 hours of payment. On the phone, they identified themselves as dish employees, spoke English in an American accent, and presented their badge ID number multiple times on the phone (a HUGE red flag). I think payment was supposed to be though some odd card or transfer method.

Be careful, and just toss the email.

I apreaciate the commnets on the letter. It was a letter via USPS. I am in the habit of only calling numbers I know or via the official website and would not call this number.

As far as the equipment goes, I know it is out of date. I know what the news will get me, but this does what I need, and unless it fails, I don't want to update for the feathers. I actually like the fact that I have DVR capabilities separate on each unit and not all in one location for one feature

But they ain’t broke and are not yet obselete. ;)
612's are and 211K's have been. Try getting one replaced. You cannot. I haven't seen a Work order to replace a 211 with another 211 in well over a year and we have had none in our shop in almost as long

Reactions: charlesrshell
We often make the 590 mile trek to Galveston, by car, impossible to do in one day with electric. Even a trip to DFW area would require stopping for an inordinate length of time to "gas up" the battery. Electric is ok for local commuting but for longer trips they are exercises in futility. If we feel like burning more petroleum distillates, we fly!

We often make the 590 mile trek to Galveston, by car, impossible to do in one day with electric. Even a trip to DFW area would require stopping for an inordinate length of time to "gas up" the battery. Electric is ok for local commuting but for longer trips they are exercises in futility. If we feel like burning more petroleum distillates, we fly!
"Impossible" it certainly isn't, though to do it in continuous driving probably is. DC fast charging can easily put over a couple hundred miles worth of juice in the battry over a leisurely lunch. A lot of us have a road warrior mentality of putting the miles behind us when probably for both our health & safety we'd ought to take more break time.

Continuous gains in range, charge times, charger locations and reliability (there is that TX grid) along with modest human factor adjustments will soon enough put electric within most drivers' satisfaction range.

Electric Vehicles can work well for short trips and in warm environments. But for those who live with harsh extreme cold temperatures they don’t work well. Remember the Tesla grave yard in Chicago where owners had to abandon their vehicles when they would not charge due to the extreme cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dish Anywhere on Apple TV

Signal Protector