DISH Announces New TV Bundle

You spend more because the reticence to buy questionable items is reduced - just put it on the card, the sticker shock only comes once a month.

Until you realize that spending with credit cards is designed to get you to buy more things you will keep spending.

The 1, 2 3% you get back often does not compensate you for the things you buy that you would not buy if you had to pay cash which you may not have in your pocket at the time of purchase.

You either have self control or you don't. Most of my purchases are online anyway, so the cash thing is a moot point. I quit carrying cash over 20 years ago.

You spend more because the reticence to buy questionable items is reduced - just put it on the card, the sticker shock only comes once a month.

Until you realize that spending with credit cards is designed to get you to buy more things you will keep spending.
You are talking about self control, just because I have a high limit, goes not mean I am buying so many things more then if I paid with cash/check.

I grew up extremely poor, I know how to handle and value money.

You are talking about self control, just because I have a high limit, goes not mean I am buying so many things more then if I paid with cash/check.

I grew up extremely poor, I know how to handle and value money.
Exactly, same here. It's all about money management. Making money is one thing but managing money is another. I will only spend what I choose to spend even though I get 5% cash back on tv/satellite/internet/office supplies/phone service. So I always take it back as cash as 95% of the actual price is still 5% saved and the money goes to earning 5.15% or it goes to investing.

wonders if dish will be around in 2 years after hearing there might be a bk in the near future. i am also thinking they could use that bk to restructure there debit load
Over 269 Million Households that subscribe might disagree with you.
Well Bruce to each there own. If they like it then cool.

Reactions: charlesrshell
(Please don't flame at me for what may be a stupid question.) I have a Hopper 3 with Top 250, using DISH Anywhere a lot. I have tried streaming subscriptions with Hulu (still), Paramount+, MAX, Showtime, and Peacock (for Olympics now), but I don't find any of them worth the money. Can anyone tell me why I might want Netflix? I don't watch many movies; I won't pay for them. I watch mostly time-delayed recordings, less live programming. Why do so many of you have or want Netflix?

(Please don't flame at me for what may be a stupid question.) I have a Hopper 3 with Top 250, using DISH Anywhere a lot. I have tried streaming subscriptions with Hulu (still), Paramount+, MAX, Showtime, and Peacock (for Olympics now), but I don't find any of them worth the money.
Usually, it is better to ask these questions in the Internet Television (IPTV) Discussion Forum.

But since you asked here, with Peacock, Paramount+ w/Showtime, Hulu, MAX, you get the majority of content from Paid Live TV, plus the streaming exclusives for a much less expensive price.

Peacock (NBC and Universal owned Cable Channels like USA/SyFy, etc, also Hallmark, others)

Paramount+ ( CBS and Viacom owned Cable Channels)

Hulu (ABC/FOX and Disney owned cable channels/Fox formerly owned channels like FX, Nat Geo, etc)

MAX (HBO and Warner owned cable channels)

Plus the better quality, 1080P/4K.

For example, Shogun was in 720P on FX, but on Hulu, it was in 4K/HDR

Or some of CBS shows are in 4K on Paramount+, if not, 1080P.
Can anyone tell me why I might want Netflix? I don't watch many movies; I won't pay for them. I watch mostly time-delayed recordings, less live programming. Why do so many of you have or want Netflix?
I have it for original programming, I love the service personally.

Will not say anything to that.

But what Dish is getting from this deal, is locking you down for two years.

What Netflix is getting is more income, they make money from the ads, a lot more then what subscribers pay monthly.

Lastly, you are forced to watch ads, I hate having the story interrupted by commercials.
Watching ads is a big NO for me. I am getting Netflix without ads now at a reduced cost from my phone service. But who knows what I do when my contract comes up in another year what may happen.

Watching ads is a big NO for me.
All the services listed above have two tiers, with ads and without ( which is what I subscribe to).

Except if you watch Live CBS on Paramount+ for example, which is true of anything you watch live, on any service or OTA.

I am getting Netflix without ads now at a reduced cost from my phone service. But who knows what I do when my contract comes up in another year what may happen.i
I pay for Netflix separately, those free with Cell Phone plans are a scam.

I pay an average of $25 a month for my service, no free add ons, while phone services that include them, the monthly bill averages over $100 a month.

I pay an average of $25 a month for my service, no free add ons, while phone services that include them, the monthly bill averages over $100 a month.
While you pay $25 month, you are also on deprioritized data. So unless you’re on WiFi a lot, odds are you will be getting much slower service than those individuals who are paying the higher price. I’m paying ~$175 per month for 5 lines on AT&T’s Premier level service (have a discount plan, and have one line still on the plan to get free ad-free Max) and none of my data is deprioritized.

While you pay $25 month, you are also on deprioritized data.
Never had a issue yet, if I wish to get on a website, pops right up, I also do not watch video on my cell phone, have a giant TV, why would I want to view something on such a little screen.
So unless you’re on WiFi a lot, odds are you will be getting much slower service than those individuals who are paying the higher price.
Has not been slow yet.
I’m paying ~$175 per month for 5 lines on AT&T’s Premier level service (have a discount plan, and have one line still on the plan to get free ad-free Max) and none of my data is deprioritized.
Good for you, I rather not waste such money, that $150 more you pay then myself, adds up to $1800 for the year, rather put that into my investment account.

Good for you, I rather not waste such money, that $150 more you pay then myself, adds up to $1800 for the year, rather put that into my investment account.
So how do 5 lines at $25 not equal $125? My math or reading skills must be off.

Echostar 11 End of Life

Paris 2024 Olympics Dish App