Dish and KVH

On the Road

Original poster
Jan 22, 2019
Onalaska, Tx
I have a KVH R5 antenna and a Dish Wally receiver. I am trying to connect to Echo 119 and Echo110. The antenna is searching, but not locking onto the satellites. In the KVH owners manual it states that the recommended receiver is a Dish 311. Is it possible to get my Wally to be compatible with the R5 antenna?

I have a KVH R5 antenna and a Dish Wally receiver. I am trying to connect to Echo 119 and Echo110. The antenna is searching, but not locking onto the satellites. In the KVH owners manual it states that the recommended receiver is a Dish 311. Is it possible to get my Wally to be compatible with the R5 antenna?
:welcome to Satelliteguys On the Road!
Now that we have you in the correct forum, I'm sure someone will help you soon.

Reactions: HipKat
The R5 is an older /out of date some dish. I believe it required 2 way communication with the Dish receiver. The 311 provided that the newer receivers don't. There may be an upgrade to the R5 but I doubt it is worth the price if it exists.
You're best bet is to upgrade to an open face Dish with 3 LNBs for western ARC or eastern ARC.

I am out of date on the details as to which brand and model is best.

The R5 is an older /out of date some dish. I believe it required 2 way communication with the Dish receiver. The 311 provided that the newer receivers don't. There may be an upgrade to the R5 but I doubt it is worth the price if it exists.
You're best bet is to upgrade to an open face Dish with 3 LNBs for western ARC or eastern ARC.

I am out of date on the details as to which brand and model is best.
I looked those up. Holy CRAP they're expensive!

Hopper 3 hogging internet bandwidth.

Will it work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)