Dish 6-screen election coverage!

DOes anyone know if they are planning on having the sound problem fixed for the 5XX series. For the Olimpics the sound wound not follow the station you chose and only stay on the composit screen. This made a great idea almost worthless on the 5XX.

I wonder what other events they will choose to have the 6-screen functionality for? I think the way they do this functionality is by them putting six receivers to a tv into multi-screens with some software/hardware and feeding that as one station, whichever six channels they choose to have them on.

I think a couple of dedicated year-round ones would be great. Set up one for 6 news channels, like this right here, and one for 6 sports channels. The only problem would be with each subscriber's normal access to that channel. Some of the channels are only available on AT120 and above, for example. They would certainly charge a monthly subscription for this interactive service though, just as they do with most of the other ones.

And you're right Stargazer, this service comes to us as one video stream (VPID) and 6 audio streams (APIDs). All our receiver is doing is moving the simple little selector rectangle around and selecting the proper audio. What's interesting is the Olympics one was available to FTA receivers (in the clear). You had to manually pick one of the 'languages' but other than that, it was the same thing.

Bungie just announced that Halo 2 went Gold (the term they use for the final template being released to the manufacturing plants) and is on track for the 11/9 release date.

Of course I ordered mine through the mail, now I just hope that I get it close to the release date. I ordered Burnout 3 the same way from GameStop and I didn't get it until a week after the street date....

GaryPen said:
They fit right in. They're no less factual in their coverage than Faux News. They're just upfront about not being actual news. And, you get the bonus of the humor. So, we got that going for us....which is nice.

I find FAUX news the funniest station out there. IT is so openly biased and slanted toward the Republican party that it is hilliarious. Why else would they have to keep saying at every commercial break : "Fair and balanced reporting". When you have to say that over and over you are either trying to convince your audience or yourself. ;)

The only one I actually like to listen to is O'Reilly. He at least tries to be in the middle. I know he leans conservative but he at least makes me challange my ideas sometimes. THe other idealogues like Rush , Hannity , and Snow , I can't stand to listen to. They almost try to hypnotise you with their chanting. I am sure if you played the tape backwards it would say : Vote for Bush , 4 more years! :eek:

IT is Hillarious and I watch for pure entertainment value Not actual News. :cool:

Here's why I like Faux News Channel. It is also broadcast FTA, and on that broadcast, there is a second audio track which is the director shouting live cues to all the crew. It's really interesting to hear what all needs to go on to produce their 'stuff'. He is really going at a rate of a couple dozen orders per minute, with all the camera changes, remote cameras, b-roll footage, bugs, crawler, etc. Otherwise it's identical to the cable/sat one (with the first audio track containing its usual right wing conservative babble).

You can listen and learn how to run a news channel like a real republican.

GaryPen said:
Actually, it's sad, scary, and somewhat embarassing for America.

But, that 6 screen interactive deal will be cool, and give everybody access to all the channels, whether they prefer humor, serious news, or ignorance and anger.

Enlightening article in USA Today about news bias in regards to the debates. Confirms some groups accusations, debunks others.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/columnist/mediamix/2004-10-10-media-mix_x.htm

NightRyder

skidog said:
Neutron, I'm with ya on the Halo 2 holiday. I can't wait to hear the grunts say "run for your lives they'll kill us all!) :D

a few other grunt faves.....

"Bad Cyborg!!!"

"He killed an elite!!!! Run Ay-way!!!!"

I STILL play the original occasionally. I even finished it on legendary mode. Fighting Hunters STILL causes my heart to skip a beat (it got much easier once I figured out that that orange spot on their back was a weak point).

Here's to hoping that Cooperative Mode is just as much fun on Halo 2.

Of course if they share exit polling data again it won't matter much.

NightRyder said:
Enlightening article in USA Today about news bias in regards to the debates. Confirms some groups accusations, debunks others.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/columnist/mediamix/2004-10-10-media-mix_x.htm

NightRyder
Interesting article. Thanks for the link. It's funny how hard the cable networks tried to be even-handed during the debates. After the first debate, both CNN and Faux actually made slightly more postive comments about Bush. Considering how a deaf and blind person couldn't help noticing how badly Bush looked and sounded during that first debate, it really is odd.

OTOH, I watched the immediate post-debate coverage, and I must say that I didn't see what USA Today saw.

The FCC needs to bring back the limits on ownership, as well as the fairness doctrine. These media giants like Sinclair and Clear Channel are getting out of hand. Their management can sometimes make Murdoch look like a communist.

Don't worry, the left has their media Giants too. Viacom, Disney, Turner. Its all good.

BTW: I'm pretty sure that the audio problem with 501/508/510 was fixed in the last release. I'm rember reading and thinking, what good is this now that the Olympics are over. I didn't suspect they'd find another use for the "Show case" so quickly.

I wonder if they would do something with the 6 screens with the Charlie Chat, perhaps different camera angles or something.

Stargazer said:
I wonder if they would do something with the 6 screens with the Charlie Chat, perhaps different camera angles or something.
You would actually want to see the Charlie Chat from 5 other camera angles other than what is directed on the chat???

GaryPen said:
Is that the same left wing Disney that refused to release F911? ;)

No, it's the one that POS Moore used for his shameless publicity stunt. D$ told Moore they wouldn't distribute his crockumentary long before it was ready for release.

NightRyder

We must be talking about a different Michael Moore. ;)

But, irregardless, they did refuse to release it, thus rendering the left wing label moot.

BTW, I take it you haven't seen it. You should, just to have all the facts to support your critique. I saw it. All things considered, it wasn't too bad.

Info on new HD?

Dish 721 connected to only one sat (148)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)