Dish 6-screen election coverage!

TuxCoder

Collector of Space Beams
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 8, 2004
Dayton, OH
From http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/aboutus/presskit/print_itv/index.shtml:

DISH Network's 2004 Election Coverage channel is an interactive TV channel showing live election coverage from six networks on a single screen

Not sure when it will start. Attached is a resized screenshot from the zip file. The screenshot shows the following channels in the same style as the Olympics:
1) CNN
2) Fox News
3) CSPAN
4) MSNBC
5) MTV
6) Comedy Central :D

The remaining options are:
7) Dish Election Poll (hmm...)
8) dish home
0) Exit

Attachments

• ElectionMainRGBsmall.jpg
    ElectionMainRGBsmall.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 675
First time I've seen my name on SatelliteGuys front page news. :)
Well, except for Welcome, TuxCoder. But that gets old.

Interesting!

Missed out on the last olympic app as my 811 was not eligable.

Can't get the link to work - does anyone know if the 811 will be included this time?

sweet, Some strange choices for channels, but interesting either way. Once again there's a mix of packages, So I guess Fox news will be opened up to AT60

TuxCoder said:
First time I've seen my name on SatelliteGuys front page news. :)
Well, except for Welcome, TuxCoder. But that gets old.

Hey if you break news then you deserve credit. :) If you break wind... well thank god the Internet does not have Smell'o Vision yet. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
Hey if you break news then you deserve credit. :) If you break wind... well thank god the Internet does not have Smell'o Vision yet. :D
Nice reply with excellent segue to a colon joke.

I really like that feature too. I'm glad they put Comedy Central on! :)

Mickdog said:
Ok, so what are the access instructions?

Assuming it's the same as the Olympics coverage, you just go to channel 100 or push the "Dish Home" button on your 522's remote. When it loads, you'll see the feature taking up most of the screen... just highlight it and click on it!

I am glad they have the number one rated channel for news. Being fair and telling the truth sometimes works out. The Clinton News Network is really going down hill.

korsjs said:
I am glad they have the number one rated channel for news. Being fair and telling the truth sometimes works out. The Clinton News Network is really going down hill.

Depends on what you consider the truth. BTW, I do support my President, it's too bad he didn't get the office...... :no

Now this is something I wish Directv would get.

Then again I will be at work 11/2 as usual since I work second shift. It's easier to win the lottery than it is to take a day off around here. I'm already getting flak for wanting 11/9 off for national Halo 2 day.

Oh, my shift doesn't start until 4pm, so I am good to go as far as voting goes. :) I was saying I won't be able to watch the news for the play by play. I will have to watch a webcast.

Info on new HD?

Dish 721 connected to only one sat (148)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)