Dish 322 - Component vs Standard TV Out problem

ADK

Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
Hi,

I have been using the 322 with both TV option now with TV1 in the living room connected via the Component Out and TV2 in the next room using the standard TV output. I want to move the TV1 connection from the Component Out to using its standard TV Output but it seems that when I make this connection, the resulting screen is filled with these lines running across the TV (looks almost as if they're the scan lines). However, if I were to switch back to using the Component Out, it's prefectly fine. The install guy came out and looked at things and just told me that this is normal for any large TV (>40") that's hooked up using the standard TV port and that I can only use the Component Out. Do I have a defective unit or is this truly is the norm?

The 27" TV connected via TV2 seems to be prefectly fine with no visible lines what so ever on it.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

I have been using the 322 with both TV option now with TV1 in the living room connected via the Component Out and TV2 in the next room using the standard TV output.
The 322 doesn't have component (red, green and blue RCA) outputs. It has composite (yellow RCA), S-VHS (mini-DIN) and RF (F connector) outputs.

Before proceeding, we need to clear up what your receiver is and how it is currently connected.

Doh!

:D My fault. It's the Composite Output and not Component Output. Sorry about the confusion.

Bear in mind that when you make this transition, I'm pretty sure that you lose stereo sound.

Make sure you don't have both the composite and RF cables connected at the same time. This may be causing your interference. Your receiver may also be too close to the TV which is causing interference. Make sure that there isn't anything like a VCR connected to the RF input as having inputs on two adjacent channels can cause funny stuff.

110 Sat off again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)