Status
Please reply by conversation.

al_madhi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
Ref: to the above title :-

From Eutelsat Co. Definition : DiSEqC stand for ( Digital Equipment Control )

Therefore DiSEqC switch does one thing and one thing well: it combines up to 4 satellites feeds ( 4 LNBs ) into one single output to your receiver .

I have a technical question addressed to only if possible to satellites dish installers engineers or to qualified satellite dish installers technicians .

The main purposes of the above switch are :-

1 - To combine 4 satellites feeds ( 4 LNBs ) by providing a standardised digital system with non-proprietary commands and enabling switching between them .

2 - Providing single output to the receiver .

My topic is the second purpose , the output of the switch .

If I connect the output of the switch directly to the receiver or put it near the receiver , and bring 4 labeled coaxial cables for the 4 satellites ( 4 LNBs ) down to the DiSEqC switch inputs , providing that these 4 cables are the same length as the single output cable , And as far as the impeadance or db losses if any in the single output cable will be the same in every cable of these 4 cables . What is wrong with this procedure ( Ignore the cost of 3 extra cables ) . Could you please give technical analysis for this procedure whether it is O.K. or not

Best Regards

A.M.AL-MADHI

There is nothing wrong with your proposed plan to use 4 longer cables, you'll still have the same insertion-loss as if you had one longer cable to the switch and 4 shorter cables to the LNBs.
As for cable loss again, you'll theoretically still have the same loss over the distance because in effect, the distance will be exactly the same..

If you run 4 cables from the switch to the LNBs you can put the switch closer to the receiver which will make switching between LNB 1-4 more reliable.

If you have one long cable to the switch and 4 short cables to the LNB, the switch signalling can get lost in the signal from the LNB so having the switch closer to the receiver will lower the possibility of DiSEqC signal loss.

To - Cascade

Thank you very much indeed for your prompt reply and your technical advice

Actually I am puting the DiSEqC near the receiver for 7 years now and working perfectly the reason I asked in my thread is to make sure nothing wrong with it .

nope..it will work either way

I've got one switch right by the motor that runs about 100 feet into the house with no isses and another one right by the house (for another receiver) which has cable runs of about 75' and then into the house which is 25'

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Any USALS plug-ins that actually work?

What equipment is needed for Gal 11

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)