DirecTV receives 'F' from BBB -- StopHDLite

Status
Please reply by conversation.
swartzfeger said:
So you don't feel HDLite is an issue for people thinking of making the switch?

Funny how some are more willing to chalk the 'failures and mistakes' up to consumers than to the provider that is being less-than-honest with a service they provide.

I'm posting the HDLite link as a caveat emptor. Nothing more, nothing less.

Charper is an HDLite advocate..

Always has been, always will be...

bgilga said:
I am usually positive in this forum, but even I am getting sick of the whining. I have "HD-lite" from Directv and I think its fine. I have watched HD from Dish and Adelphia as well and they all look the same to me.

I can only draw one conclusion, you are actually blind :D Great input though Joe..Thanks so much :D

guffy1 said:
I can only draw one conclusion, you are actually blind :D Great input though Joe..Thanks so much :D

Give me a break. I had Voom, OTA, E* and D* almost side by side over the past 2 years. There is a difference but I just dont care too much about it anymore. I now just have OTA and Directv and pretty happy. I am definately an early adoptor and want full quality but I am also pretty happy with the amount and quality of HD. Can it get better, you bet but its better than 4 years ago when I couldnt even get an OTA signal or HD DVR. We've come along way.

Brewer4 said:
Give me a break. I had Voom, OTA, E* and D* almost side by side over the past 2 years. There is a difference but I just dont care too much about it anymore. I now just have OTA and Directv and pretty happy. I am definately an early adoptor and want full quality but I am also pretty happy with the amount and quality of HD. Can it get better, you bet but its better than 4 years ago when I couldnt even get an OTA signal or HD DVR. We've come along way.

There is a huge difference between D* and E* HD PQ as far as the basic HD Pack goes.. And yes, I have done side by side comaprisons..

If a person cant see the differences they should just go back to analog, IMO..Either that or try paying attention..

If a person cant see that theres a huge difference, its becasue they dont want to see it..

If I had a bunch of money invested in D* I suppose I wouldnt want to see it either, so I actually kind of understand..

Im not gonna get into a back and forth bickering match about it ..Ill just throw in a few snide remarks here and there and be good with that:)

Tyring to communicate with brick walls is just not a very good use of time, IMO..

Last edited:
duckydan said:
That doesn't really say much if your trying to say echostar is better... Echostar/dish network had 4358 complaints in the last 3 years whereas DTV had 4559 complaints in 3 years.
Given that the two have almost 28 million customers, those numbers aren't bad at all over a 3-year period. That is around a one hundreth of a percent.

guffy1 said:
Tyring to communicate with brick walls is just not a very good use of time, IMO..

Here's the funny thing about HDLite grippers. We get it. We get it. We can see the difference for those that have the opportunity. We get it. We just dont make it a point to call it out every single time HD is mentioned. Its not perfect but I am ok with the BLEND of HD programming, picture quality, price and choice from Directv. Not everyone is and they dont have to be.

I have signed the petitions and agree full true HD should be made available but I think we are still in the early stages and things will flush out. In 2-4 years, if they are still bit starving then I see that as a disadvantage and will hurt their highend customer base. The rest wont give a crap. Trust me I will be much more vocal when all the new sats are up and the picture quality is low. Until then, I am enjoying my HD in whatever version it is. :)

Brewer4 said:
Here's the funny thing about HDLite grippers. We get it. We get it. We can see the difference for those that have the opportunity. We get it. We just dont make it a point to call it out every single time HD is mentioned. Its not perfect but I am ok with the BLEND of HD programming, picture quality, price and choice from Directv. Not everyone is and they dont have to be.

I have signed the petitions and agree full true HD should be made available but I think we are still in the early stages and things will flush out. In 2-4 years, if they are still bit starving then I see that as a disadvantage and will hurt their highend customer base. The rest wont give a crap. Trust me I will be much more vocal when all the new sats are up and the picture quality is low. Until then, I am enjoying my HD in whatever version it is. :)

I dont have any problem with that at all...If I had D* and I had no other option I could find a way to enjoy it also..

The only problem I have is when people claim that the differences between providers are minimal..To me its not fair to new HD subs trying to make an informed decision about an HD provider..

HD is 1080i and that is 100% what D* is giving. I was under the impression that HD was measured in VERTICAL lines of resolution not horizontal! IF it is the latter than the TV manufacturers need to list the TVs horizontal resolution instead of vertical!

I guess I'm blind!

IMO, complaining about HD-Lite is a good thing. We need to be complaining to D* at the same time too. If we stop complaining to D* about HD-Lite, what do you think they will do next year when the next two sats go up? I believe they would say, "nobody is complaining so let's just keep the rez and bandwidth low and add a zillion new channels".

There is one way that D* could stop the complaining. Go ahead and announce when the new sats go up the rez and bandwidth will go up to where they should be. I think everyone here, that's been complaining about HD-Lite, would stop.

IMO, HD-Lite is okay for now. The PQ is nowhere near as good as it was a couple of years ago. But I can watch it until the new sats come online. When D* launches the new sats next year I expect HD-Lite to be gone.

Eric Goempel said:
HD is 1080i and that is 100% what D* is giving. I was under the impression that HD was measured in VERTICAL lines of resolution not horizontal! IF it is the latter than the TV manufacturers need to list the TVs horizontal resolution instead of vertical!

I guess I'm blind!

You have alot to learn..lol

Even the most adamant of D* HD supporters has no problem admitting that D* dosent provide 1080i..

guffy1 said:
Charper is an HDLite advocate.. Always has been, always will be...

More baiting lies and loads of BS crap. You don't even know me. So keep my name out of your mouth! I said creating different threads of the same thing OVER AND OVER AGAIN IS OLD and TIRED. Just keep it all in the ONE HD-LITE THREAD. Call and complain to DirecTV the FCC, or any other proper people. Why F%$!K up all the board with 1000 separate threads all saying the same exact thing and NOTHING new? It shows that you guys' intent is not help uses with issues, but to screw DirecTV in revenge. MOVE ON!

Last edited:
I made a comment earlier where I said I do not notice a difference between HD from D*, E*, or cable and some NASA scientist said I must be blind. It must be nice to be perfect. People come here with insight or opinions and if you don't agree with them, you make fun of them. I am sick of it. I paid good money for my D* system and my TV and I am happy with it. I don't need someone to tell me whether I should be pissed off or not. I wish the only worry in my life was Directv showing HD lite or that Dish has VOOM. I just don't care. People don't come here to be ridiculed, they come here to be informed.

charper1 said:
More baiting lies and loads of BS crap. You don't even know me. So keep my name out of your mouth! I said creating different threads of the same thing OVER AND OVER AGAIN IS OLD and TIRED. Just keep it all in the ONE HD-LITE THREAD. Call and complain to DirecTV the FCC, or any other proper people. Why F%$!K up all the board with 1000 separate threads all saying the same exact thing and NOTHING new? It shows that you guys' intent is not help uses with issues, but to screw DirecTV in revenge. MOVE ON!

:D Charper...Hdlite advocate :D

bgilga said:
I made a comment earlier where I said I do not notice a difference between HD from D*, E*, or cable and some NASA scientist said I must be blind. It must be nice to be perfect. People come here with insight or opinions and if you don't agree with them, you make fun of them. I am sick of it. I paid good money for my D* system and my TV and I am happy with it. I don't need someone to tell me whether I should be pissed off or not. I wish the only worry in my life was Directv showing HD lite or that Dish has VOOM. I just don't care. People don't come here to be ridiculed, they come here to be informed.

Thats exactly what people come here for, to be informed...

And that exactly what I do here, inform...

Anyone that has a problem with me spreading the truth can use the ignore feature on me.. I have no sympathy whatsoever for people that are interested in hiding the truth..Or people that couldnt recognize the truth if it hit them over the head with a 2x4..

Im not going anywhere anytime soon :devil:

guffy,

what pisses you off the most?

that over 15 million people like directv.

or that probably 35000 people on here are laughing at you?

just curious.

dragon

we're actually closer to 40K now but thats beside the point. Guffy must like to post to make himself feel better. Even though most of the time either there is no point to his post or to argue for no reason

bgilga said:

I am with you. I usually ignore most of these things but every now and then I crack. I hate having to apologize for thinking its ok. Dont worry about it too much. I think folks just love to bitch. :up

Iceberg said:
dragon

Guffy must like to post to make himself feel better. Even though most of the time either there is no point to his post or to argue for no reason

Wrong across the board..Ive explained plenty of times why I post..

If you choose to ignore my reasons and make up your own reasons that is perfectly fine by me..

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

buy now or lease later?

H10 Needing Reset??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)