Directv Everywhere

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have wondered the same thing. Have not heard anything about it even over at the "other" site.

I've used it, it's merely a fancy guide for pay per view and VOD that allows you to order and send to your DVR's.

I think your thinking of something else, this is suppose to allow you to view your shows and whatnot ANYWHERE on your Laptop and cell phone, hopefully Live .... From the way I read it.

No mention of a cost or how to use it or set it up.

I think your thinking of something else, this is suppose to allow you to view your shows and whatnot ANYWHERE on your Laptop and cell phone, hopefully Live .... From the way I read it.

No mention of a cost or how to use it or set it up.
That is my take from it as well.
From the email I got it said "coming soon" or something to that effect.

Maybe something replacing Directv2PC? But more mobile?

There are many better options and I'm sure D* is going to try and charge for this. Slingbox comes to mind or one of the other competitors.

It's sounds like the nomad. Where you load recordings onto mobile device.
Because it doesn't say anything about live tv, or streaming.

And coming soon in 2012 — DIRECTV Everywhere
Now DIRECTV goes everywhere you go. The same shows and movies you love to watch at home are now available on
your iPad®, laptop or smartphone.
n Works over any wireless broadband connection.
n Instantly watch your favorite movies and shows from premium networks like HBO® and Cinemax®
n Live streaming, Starz®, Encore® and Video-On-Demand

This is a quote from a marketing PDF I got fromDirecTV today. I want more details and a rollout schedule.

I think what this will amount to is the consolidation of streaming services, some new, some existing.

Today there are several, HBO, MAX, Showtime (Not via D yet), TBS, TNT, NBC, BigTen, and many others.

Right now most of these are isolated to individual apps on phones, ipad, etc. Some are web based as well. What DirecTV did with the ipad having streaming on local (home) wifi only, I believe is kinda a first step.

As it evolves, I think the streaming will be expanded to multiple locations, housed in one application on many platforms, and be branded Directv everywhere.

Just my speculation, but I wouldn't expect this, or anything similiar, until late 2012.

I think what this will amount to is the consolidation of streaming services, some new, some existing.

Today there are several, HBO, MAX, Showtime (Not via D yet), TBS, TNT, NBC, BigTen, and many others.

Right now most of these are isolated to individual apps on phones, ipad, etc. Some are web based as well. What DirecTV did with the ipad having streaming on local (home) wifi only, I believe is kinda a first step.

As it evolves, I think the streaming will be expanded to multiple locations, housed in one application on many platforms, and be branded Directv everywhere.

Just my speculation, but I wouldn't expect this, or anything similiar, until late 2012.

Or just get a sling or vulkano box and have it now.
Honestly, if you have the capability to stream outside of the home network now, I dont see really what it would add that you couldnt already have access to.

I guess many simply dont know that you can already do basically what they are coming out with using equipment that is readily available?

In any case, it will be nice to have the option.

Already have a Slingbox myself and have for years...damn...coming up on 5 years now. So I just passed this email right up.

I have VULKANO and can already watch live tv from my phone,and it works great ....I got to watch the Peyton manning drama live on my phone lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Info on DirecTV Network HD

Solid Signal DIRECTV HR24 Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts