Digital Phone Online Tools

RainbowBrt

Original poster
Jul 26, 2007
I just noticed that other areas of Florida have Digital Phone Online tools. I am in Central Florida and we do not have this. Does anyone know if we will have this available soon?
Another question....I recently left Sun Rocket digital phone....or should I say they left me and 200,000 other customers. I was told by Bright House that they( Bright House) could not port my old number:mad:. Other digital phone carriers have promised to port numbers for people (sun rocket ex customers) who request it. Any one have any take on that? Bright House told me that their reason was that sun rocket was out of business. But then why can others manage to port??:rolleyes:

Sunrocket might be out of business ( I just think they changed names :mad:) but they didn't "own' the numbers and the companies that do are still around thats why others have had luck in porting them. I'm in the process of porting mine to Vonage.

Edit:
My number is owned by "Level 3 Communications" which I think owns most of Sunrockets numbers from what I have heard.

Ahah There is an example of what I am talking about.....so why can't or won't BrightHouse?
Does anyone know why that is so? Just wondering if I should push the point, although I am not sure what that would entail????

Well, I did the reverse phone number search, and it turned up my name and address, as well as this info :
Type: Land LineProvider: Embarq Florida

Do you think I can do anything with this?:confused:

Well you can call Brighthouse and tell them that Embarq Florida is the provider for that number and see if they can do anything. But it might be getting close to being to late as Sunrocket was suppose to pull the plug on all lines that were not ported anywhere as of Aug 5th.

I just noticed that other areas of Florida have Digital Phone Online tools. I am in Central Florida and we do not have this. Does anyone know if we will have this available soon?
Another question....I recently left Sun Rocket digital phone....or should I say they left me and 200,000 other customers. I was told by Bright House that they( Bright House) could not port my old number:mad:. Other digital phone carriers have promised to port numbers for people (sun rocket ex customers) who request it. Any one have any take on that? Bright House told me that their reason was that sun rocket was out of business. But then why can others manage to port??:rolleyes:

just noticed at bhn website that online digital tools option is now available, think it must have been added in the past week.

Oddly enough, I just noticed that myself today:rolleyes:. Unfortunately they only offer Online Tools for voicemail. At least thats all I saw when I looked earlier today. I hope that they intend to add more things later on, such as emailing the customer when there is a voice message, showing online call logs, and allowing online control of the phone features. That would be "Sweet" as they say!! Has anyone heard that there may be a chance of any of these??

The problem with porting numbers from Sun Rocket is as mentioned, Sun Rocket is out of business thus those numbers go back to the orignial owner. Unless that owner agrees to release your number then your screwed. They are not obligated by law to release it, and id assume Embarq being the local company competeing with BHN may not want to allow the port. Thats why BHN's policy is to not attempt the port because it more then likely will not go through. If you move to Embarq of course you can port it they already own the number.

Wait...isn't Embarq=Sprint the company providing the backbone for Pivot?

And why did this post display with so many blank lines after the text?

Sunrocket might be out of business ( I just think they changed names :mad:) but they didn't "own' the numbers and the companies that do are still around thats why others have had luck in porting them. I'm in the process of porting mine to Vonage.

Edit:
My number is owned by "Level 3 Communications" which I think owns most of Sunrockets numbers from what I have heard.
I tried "Teleblend" but after two-weeks of sorry arse service (unreliable phone service, no advertised features like Voicemail, could not stop call forwarding to my cell phone, etc.) I dumped them and went with Packet8...a reliable provider. According to Packet8, my phone number was owned by the same company that did business with SunRocket so my phone number was ported over within 48 hours. In fact, my number was working on both my Packet8 and SunRocket/Teleblend Gizmo when I came home from work yesterday...quickly unplugged and packed-up the Gizmo.

Sorry to get "off-topic" but stay-away from Teleblend...stay far, far away!

I saw the online features tool info in the Bright House Tampa website the other day. Very limited features compared to voip providers like SunRocket, ViaTalk, VoicePulse etc.. I would switch to Bright House in a minute if they ever catch up and add features such as call blocking.

I agree, the Bright House Online Tools are just about useless. Thats one thing that I really do miss from Sun Rocket. I can only hope that Bright House improves and adds to what they now have, at least to attract more customers. Others will surely be put off by the lack of useful Online Tools. I don't want to sound negative.....I am very happy with my Bright House digital phone service, but good Online Tools would be the frosting on the cake!!

Espn 2 Hd

Yes Network

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)