did something happened?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lacubs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
Erie, Pa
at 4:30pm all my channels went down, anyone else experience anything like this? and when i try resetting it come back on, but it took 10mins - 20mins to find all the channels like ESPN,CINEMAX it's was strange!

I had 3 programs set to record, one at 8,8:30 and 9. Two on History (269) and one on Bravo (237). I sit down to watch them and there not showing as recorded WTH!. I look in history and they were canceled due to "channel no longer available"...say what! I flip over and both are showing up fine.

I'm having the same issue with SPEED HD, E! HD, & Comedy Centeral HD. My DVR shows did not record same error message that channel no longer avaliable (6). I wrote to DirecTVService on Twitter no responce yet. I can see the channels if I changed to them and there in the guide.

well all my channels did came back as i was posting this thread, do you i what i was thinking when it's happened, they turn me off because i didn't accept the new user agreement lol

Last edited:
Youre talking about satellite eclipse or 'sun outage' which happens for a week on either side of the equinoxes in march and september. A lot of people associate them with sunspots but thats not what causes it. The sun is directly lined up with the satellite transmitters and ground stations, and the signal gets swamped by the electromagnetic noise for a few minutes at a time.

And rkr is correct they only happen in the middle of the day side. In these cases the channel remains active, directv just cancels video and puts up a slide explaining the outage. This would still be recorded.

An actual solar storm/CME can affect satellites on the crest of the day/night side. At 9 pm they are not behind the earth yet. However if that were the case one of two things wouldve happened.. Either you will lose your signal completely and the error would say "The program did not record because the satellite signal was lost" , or if it was one of directvs feeds that got hit the channel would remain but you would lose video. They might put up a "technical difficulties" slide and the dvr would record that without kicking an error. Ive never seen a channel removed from the lineup for solar reasons.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

HR34 installer coming this Sat..any suggestions?

For the folks who have a HR34 and a AM21...........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts