Diagonal lines on TV

stratguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 20, 2004
Nashville
I noticed that at times my picture has diagonal lines and it seems to come and go. I use D* and they said it was a loose connection but all fittings seem tight. I have a 721 with some sort of a switch to utilize both tuners in the 721. It is a samll aluminum looking box with at least two out outs and I think it even has the capability for one or two more. I am using the dish 500 with a dual LNB. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if they did what the fix was, I just wonder if my switch has become wet or something. It is located outside on the same pole as my dish. I wanted the installer to put it inside but he said that this was the way to install it so I didn't argue. Bob

Bob D* is Directv. The 721 and DISH 500 is E*(Echostar)DISH Network. It dosen't really make much difference which you have, your problem is located between the back of the satellite receiver and the back of the TV set. The loose connection they are referring to is where the cables screw onto the fittings on either the TV or the satellite receiver. This is allowing a competing TV signal to bleed into the tuner of your TV.

thanks

Hi boba, sorry for the stupid reference to direct tv when I really ment E*. I'm new and I'll catch on quicklt and thanks for the info I'll check the connections where you mentioned it surely makes sense. Thanks Bob

Interference such as this (if indeed that is what this is) is much more prevalent in an RF (ch 3) connection than a baseband video connection. If its on both its getting into the input signal somehow, possibly even before being uplinked (pretty rare). If you see diagonal lines when the receiver is off, you have a retrace error in your display.

fixed my diag lines

Hi All, I have fixed my diagonal lines problem. The first thing I did was check my connections on my outputs and inputs and that seemed to clear it up about 50% then I read another article about adjusting your TV picture while using E* it told me all of the basic settings to try then I fine tuned it from there and the picture is as sharp and clear as I would ever want it to be. I am still pumped about the wealth of information on this site. I've had E* for over a year and I have never had this good of a picture. :yes

811 Audio Problems--Help!!!

Would you recommend the 921 if...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)