Status
Please reply by conversation.

chapelrun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Berryville, VA
As many seem to be doing this year - - I'm trying to setup my first motorized dish.

It is very similar to post 5 of Anole's simplified switch setups.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-faqs/134124-switch-setups-simplified.html

I included Anole's picture from that post.

My question is on the QPH-031 do you need both Linear connections hooked up for this to work properly or if you only use the first Linear connection going to diseqc #1 will that also work.

SG-2100 motor
QPH-031
Visionsat IV 200 PVR plus
76 cm dish

Basically I have the dish up - - - now I'm trying to do the wiring and receiver setup.

Attachments

• First-Motor.jpg
    First-Motor.jpg
    453.2 KB · Views: 212
  • MotorDiseqcQPH.JPG
    MotorDiseqcQPH.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 209
You only need one. I believe in his diagram he intends one port of the switch to be linear and the other to be circular. If you only have one dish, and no need for circular, you can omit the switch entirely.

I have 1 L hooked to port 1 of a DiSEqC switch and 1 C hooked to port 3 of the switch.

This way, I can watch NASA on 119 W and you can even see Pirate TV on 110 W and 61.5 W right now in addition to the Dish promo channels.

NASA is my favorite. My main reason for getting the QPH. I wanted a backup just in case DirecTv ever got rid of it.

yep only need one output. You would use both is you use a multiswitch to power more then 2 receivers

As noted above, if Circular is not needed (why buy a QPH031 then??) then hook the line to the L side

It appears then ....

It would appear than that each individual LNB gets its power from the receiver through the motor, through the 4x1 and to the LNB.

I still have two other fixed dishes: One for 123W and other for 97W/101W.

Iceberg makes a good point why indeed purchase the QPH031 if I'm not going to use that capability.

Thus a total of 3 Coaxis cables coming back to the switch and 1 directly from the motor to the receiver (as the picture shows) - - - assuming using both Linear and Circular.

Ran out of daylight today but tomorrow is a new day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lost in space

MT PBS loses funding for satellite services

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts