Customer Retention Rocks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mcraig

Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
My wife had complained that the bill was getting out of control. So I called retention for a little help. Today is my birthday. Little did I know D was going to give me a great gift. I am Total choice plus customer. I have the HD package along with Sunday ticket and Super fan. I simply told the individual I like D. I'm not looking to leave just a little help on the prices. I was asked what was I going to do if they didn't help. I said, "get Yelled at by my wife". I do not have any contract with D. Retention gave me a instant one time $50.00 credit and a 12 month $10.00 credit. So do the math $209 for sunday ticket, free Super fan, minus $50.00 credit = $159 for Sunday Ticket and I still have a 12 month credit of $10.00 I mine as well say free hd for a year. Same price. Happy birthday to me! :D

I agree. I only call customer retention now. The last time I called the regular # the CSR was baffled by a question and transferred me to retention. the CSR at the retention number gave me that number and told me to call it whenever I have a problem. It seems everytime I have a problem retention bends over backward to make it right. I cant even remember how much credit and free programming I received. So far my monthly bill has $30.00 credits every month for the last 3 months and I think I'll have it for a while ( I know I have a $5.00 credit for 6 months and a $10.00 for a year ) plus whatever else they gave me. Somebody up there loves me ??? :)

This is definately a major positive for D*. I have had great luck over the years. Its one of the main reasons for staying with D* as I love new receivers. They are also a bit more knowledgable and can usually solve any issue. So kudos to D* and I suggest everyone to call at least once a year to this group and see what you can get for being a loyal customer.

WOW! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! that was a fantastic present! i'm so glad they can do this for a good customer in need. it shows the company does really care! ENJOY!!!

Hey Mr. Craig, I got the same $50 credit when I decided to upgrade to 5LNB and HD package. I didn't even ask for it, the rep just gave it to me!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

One live sat line...

H20 swap-out for heat (reboot) - 2 year commitment??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)