Curent SW version for the Hopper 3?

winter60

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2024
Woodbury, MN USA
Is the current SW version for the Hopper 3 H380? My Hopper 3 is on H380.

I ask because on my Hopper 3, the bar graph that shows the HDD % Full is now missing when I am in the DVR menu. It was alway there up until a couple of days ago and was wondering if there was a recent software update.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thank you.

Is the current SW version for the Hopper 3 H380? My Hopper 3 is on H380.

I ask because on my Hopper 3, the bar graph that shows the HDD % Full is now missing when I am in the DVR menu. It was alway there up until a couple of days ago and was wondering if there was a recent software update.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thank you.
Looks like H380 is the most current. I received it this morning. Where do you see a bar graph?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Until recently, if you pressed the DVR button on your remote, on the main DVR screen that shows your folders with your recordings, there used to be a bar graph towards the top of the screen that would tell you what % of your HDD is used, with a bar graph showing the amount.

This was there up to a couple of days ago. Now is it missing.

Here is a screen shot what it used to look like but now is missing.
20240816_120404.jpg

Manually updated my 2 Hopper 3 receivers to H380 and my Joey3 to J580.
The caller ID and TV Enhancements got shut off on my Living Room Hopper 3 by the update.
The bar chart that shows the DVR % is visible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh.M and brittanygarden

Just forced manually updated my Hopper H3 on H379 with Hopper Plus on P13011 to H380.

Have the same issue(s) as mentioned with H379 after updating.
The bar chart shows the DVR % is visible which for me is 100% even though there is 120GB of free space left on the internal HDD.

So still the two major issue(s):

Issue #1
In the Diagnostics screen, Available Joey Software shows W152 W208 J280 J480 J580
but just like H379, it no longer shows the P versions which are needed for Hopper Plus, Wireless Joey 4, Joey 4 which are all Android TV devices.

Does anyone here have a Available Joey Software list on the Hopper 3 with H380 that shows more than what I listed above with the P versions.

When I goto Tools -> Technician Settings -> Download ATV files, it will show a box:
Download ATV Files 3000
This device is not currently targeted for
Android software
[OK]
Using the Hopper Plus to update by checking for update would also show Failed: No Tgt.

In H376, the nightly reboot is what fixed the Available Joey Software list with Android TV showing up as a Reset Hopper did not.

Reset Joey Files under Technician Settings also did not make a difference.

Without the P versions of the software showing up, the Android TV devices will not be able to update their software as it breaks the Check for software updates on the Android TV device itself.

brittanygarden did fix issue #1 on H379 when he had remote into my Hopper H3.

Issue #2
H380 still has the issue where 119GB-120GB free is considered 100% full on the HDD so the last 119GB-120GB can't be used at all. The fix is either make it available with the correct % remaining or treat the HDD as 120GB less in capacity so the % meter for what's used is correct.

I got the Hopper 3 back in May and have also noticed this intermittent disappearing and reappearing of the HD full percentage bar. In the last week or two though, it's consistently appear and hasn't did its disappearing act yet.

I'm only at 2% for now, so haven't had a chance to really need it but did notice it!

Just got H380 on my Hopper3 yesterday morning and when checking my recordings schedule a bit ago I noticed that a WNBA timer was being completely ignored. I manually restored them, but I wish I had just re-started the Hopper to see if that fixed it.

BTW, still getting the brief blackouts shortly after recorded programs start playback.

What does included mean

Lost channels on DISH