Coolsat 7000 for $25 locally, worth the hassle?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
Local CL has a seller like 5min from me with a CS7100 PVR unit and wants $25 for it. I can prob offer 20 and walk away easily.

Should I or this unit is too buggy? Mainly I want it for parents recording from 93w Azteca channels since they have a fixed dish there.

Other then that, worth it or not?

If thats all they want to use it for, I'd get it

Its like a visionsat which is a great receiver....IIRC the 7100 had like an hour internal buffer (or maybe 40 minutes)

I'd pay $25 for it

If it's anything like the 6100 it should be a good stable and reliable stb, I haven't hardly or should I say never found any posted issues with these versions. the one thing I love most about my 6100 is the fact that the timer schedule works with the PVR unlike most of other stb's. Most other stbs rely on a working (populated) EPG in order for the PVR timer to functon, I'm referring to the scheduled event timer where you schedule a recording. My Pansat 9200HD PVR timer doesn't work without a populated EPG but my CS 6100 does. The 6100 was not originally a PVR but with the old N2 hackware it is now a PVR unit and I believe the coders used the same code from the 7100 to make this possible. So you may want to investigate this first if it's a feature your parents will be needing for scheduling recordings. There's not many PVR stbs on the market today that have a working recorder timer without a populated EPG, I suspect the manufacturers were only concerned with hacking in mind, focused on DN & B3V EPG's,,, FTA doesn't offer any EPG's so what does this tell us? Hmmmm??????

I paid $22 on ebay for my cs7100 pvr then loaded v1.16 fw on it. It has worked just fine for me. Added a Sonic Voom for the AC3 channels. No problems.:up

for $25

For $25 bucks, I'd grab it just to stick on the shelf or put it here for someone who needs a receiver. If it works it would be good for someone who enjoys FTA...

Oh its the 7000.....your post said 7100

I dont think the 7000 has an internal buffer but its still a great receiver

yea called the guy and he said he made a mistake with his ad, yesterday said 7100 and today says 7000 .. so I think ama pass, so maybe someone from L.A wants it then go for it. The guy lives in Woodland Hills

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lost my sound.

Strong MiniSat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)