Coolsat 4000 Pro programming problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

greatfargo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
I have a question related to the Coolsat 4000 pro. I had it working. I did a blind scan and everything messed up. I don't have any channels. I went to the nearest sat (116.8 Satmax) and got signal. I adjusted the SatMax on diseqc 1.2 and saved its position. I inserted my long. & Lat. then tried the USALS on other Sat. When I scanned for channels in any sat, it gets me nothing even IA5. Any hint to help me?

Have you tired turning it off and on using back off and on switch?

Have you tried erasing all channels and reinstalling factory firmware?

I turned it on and off using back button but didn't enhance results. For the firmware, I am using official firmware.

I have a question related to the Coolsat 4000 pro. I had it working. I did a blind scan and everything messed up. I don't have any channels. I went to the nearest sat (116.8 Satmax) and got signal. I adjusted the SatMax on diseqc 1.2 and saved its position. I inserted my long. & Lat. then tried the USALS on other Sat. When I scanned for channels in any sat, it gets me nothing even IA5. Any hint to help me?

Did you point the dish to your true south when you set it up?...and is the dish mounting pole perfectly plumb on all sides?....I would suggest clicking on the DishPointer.com tab at the top of the page, and locate your exact position, then setup your dish according to the data provided.

I was working until I did a blind search. I set up to SATMAX 116.8 which is my true south and I got a signal of one channel there. I check the dishpointer.com and found that I am using the right coordinates. I was sure of that because it was working before. I am not sure if the receiver got default or something else?

If you accidently did a factory default, you will have to go into the setup again, and re-enter all of your coordinates such as lat. & long. settings for usals. All of that data gets wiped in a factory default....it kinda sounds like that's what happened.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

More GATR

Interesting way to paint a C-Band dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)