Confused Now????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

neil_kc1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
KANSAS CITY AREA
JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I HAD THIS FIGURED OUT SOMEONE RAISES A QUESTION THAT BLOWS ME AWAY. IT IS ABOUT DEFINING TRUE SOUTH? I HAVE TRIED TO LOCATE 0 DEGREES ON MY TRUE SOUTH POSITION BASED ON TRUE SOUTH, NOT MAGNETIC SOUTH AND NOT ON MY MOST DIRECTLY SOUTHERLY SATELLITE. I HAVE HAD PRETTY GOOD SUCCESS, LOCATING ABOUT 15 DIFFERENT SATELLITES THIS WAY. NOW I READ WHERE SOME ARE BEING ADVISED TO ORIENT THE 0 DEGREE ON THEIR MOTOR ON THEIR TRUE SOUTH SATELLITE, AND LOCATING ALL OTHERS OFF OF IT? SO WHICH IS IT? LOCATE AND POINT MY DISH AT TRUE SOUTH? OR THE CLOSEST SATELLITE TO TRUE MY SOUTH? I AM RUNNING A SATWORK 3688 AND AN IVACON 3db lnb, and a small dish. :confused:

Please turn off the caps lock.

Generally the best practise is to orient zero on your motor to your true south satellite, but end the end use what works best for you.

neil
caps lock can be your friend :)

I have always undertood it as true south (magnetic deviation included) and then motor to your satellite.

If yuo are in an area that doesn't have a tru south (as an example, you are at 76 longitude. You would put the motor are true south (magnetic included) and then motor to the satellites.

Where I am, we have a true south. IA-6

Damn it...where the heck is PSB to help out here :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AMC 6 or SBC 6?

Can a Ditectv LNB be used for FTA at all?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)