Confused about HD Install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ejroeh

Original poster
Jun 3, 2012
Oregon Coast
We are trying to figure out why my friend does not appear to be getting HD when he subscribed to it over a year ago. No HD channels show up in the Program guide. A non contract tech come out to the house and replaced the old Direct Dish. Now I have the other Sat Service I have HD and My Dish has 3 LNBs on it. His NEW HD dish only has one LNB just like the dish they replaced. Did somebody mess up here or does direct only use one LNB for HD?

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

Directv uses two types of lnbs on their hd dishes. The one with what looks like one lnb really has three in it. The other one has the three in one and two separate ones. It sounds like your friend has the one with three in one. That likely means that his sd locals are on the 101 satellite. As far as getting the hd channels, didn't the tech make sure he was receiving the channels he should be? Check in the menu to be sure he has "show hd channels" enabled. Also, can you post all of the signal levels from all of the satellites? That would be a big help.

What model receiver or dvr do you have?

To get the signal strengths push menu, settings, sat & antenna, view signal strength. That takes you to the menu to check the different satellites.

Ok... We found out the the Tech who set up the system OVER A YEAR AGO! Did not select HD programing he had all SD selected. We changed it to all Channels now HD and SD show up in the program guide. Friend who had never had HD before just thought HD sucked! I knew when ever I looked at his TV that it sucked and told him there was something wrong. Well it looks like it's fixed now. Thanks for the help...

It would be a good idea to post your signal strengths just to be sure of the alignment of the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

H25 stuck at old firmware and refuses to update

Owned equipment -- how do I find directv programming?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)