Completion code

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kaymike

Original poster
May 10, 2011
Ohio
I recently installed a SWM to my directv. I have a hr21/100 HD DVR. Do i need a completion code and if so how do I get it?

Only if DirecTV asks for it. It is on the "More System Info" screen after you go to Menu, Info/Test (or just hold info button for 5 seconds).

I activated a receiver once and asked if they needed it and they said no.

Only if DirecTV asks for it. It is on the "More System Info" screen after you go to Menu, Info/Test (or just hold info button for 5 seconds).

I activated a receiver once and asked if they needed it and they said no.
OK but how do you get a completion code and is it something I need for my system to work at it's best or is it something that only an installer uses when his job is done? When I run a system test it shows everything is OK. If I don't have a completion code is it something that will cause me a problem in the future?

Installers must have a completion code to close a line item (and the job) for IV Retest performed on an existing receiver when doing upgrades on an existing account. A completion code appears for each newly activated receiver on upgrades and new installs as well. D* may have plans for using completion codes on newly activated receivers but at this point they are just an indication that a receiver has passed Installation Verification.

Installers must have a completion code to close a line item (and the job) for IV Retest performed on an existing receiver when doing upgrades on an existing account. A completion code appears for each newly activated receiver on upgrades and new installs as well. D* may have plans for using completion codes on newly activated receivers but at this point they are just an indication that a receiver has passed Installation Verification.

Thank you very much! I didn't know if I would have problems since I installed it myself but It's working great and I feel better now knowing it won't cause me any trouble in the future! Thanks again!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SWM Question

interesting situation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts