Comparison of PPVHD channel from 148 and 110

HokieEngineer

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2003
Here are some plots of percentage of the total mux each channel is occupying as well as the bitrate (average every 0.2 seconds). These first graphs are from 148, which has HDPPV and CBS-W HD as the only two channels on the 8PSK modulated transponder (roughly 43Mbit/s total bandwidth).

148ppv.jpg

Okay, now for the same plots, but from 110. Ignore all the channels listed in the first graph, as NFLHD, NBAHD, HDEV1, and HDPPV all share the same video feed, which is plotted in red.

TNTHD, HBOHD, and HDPPV share this transponder. It is 8PSK modulated as well so the same total bandwidth as at 148. All three channels are 1920x1080i. It just so happened when I did this capture, all three were showing HD content.

I let the video bitrate chart run a little longer since there wa actually some variation in the bitrate (multiplexers doing their job!). Notice we went from 18Mbit/s to 13Mbit/s on the HDPPV channel.

110ppv.jpg

I used TSReader from Coolstf software to produce these graphs. Amazing product for analyzing transport streams.

I knew I had good reason to keep my 148 dish. ;)

Except I never buy any HDPPV anyway. :)

Actually, I have it for CBS-HD West, but thanks for the info, H.E. - we appreciate it!

Transferring from 510 DVR

How to reset parental locks?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts