comments on changing to dish package in ne nebraska.

chaskuchar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2010
saint charles, missouri
even an old technical expert can learn new lessons. jan 16 was my service date for changing phone and internet from centurylink to dish. about the 16th a new modem came in the mail. since the old modem from qwest was still working i though i didn't need it and was ready to send it back, not wanting to waste product unnecessarily. hmmm. after service date my internet modem was locking up several times a day. finally, reset the old modem and tryed to reinstall it. hopelessly this old technician after many failures trying to configure the old modem, opened up and installed the new modem. first question i had was where is the cd to install it? hmmmm, software was in the modem itself! simple install and everything went easily. now the internet is working better than before and i went with the simplest dish option on modem speed since we don't do any downloads of movies or such. i even have my ds3 on the network working fine. still haven't figured out how to get my sony tv hooked up because we want to watch ota channels so i haven't figured out how to do that yet. family channel is working well. mary used to watch hgtv over fifty percent of time but now watches create and likes it. now waiting for the microhd receiver to add to the system for the wife and i think she will be really pleased. charlie

Free Previews coming up in January

Linksys E2000 and 722 connection Problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)