Comcast Sportsnet Philly info you need to know

krapfty36

Original poster
Aug 19, 2006
Been doing a lot of research about CSN Philly and York/Hanover... this is some good stuff

1) CSN Philly is carried in Harrisburg, Lebanon, and Hershey.

2) CSN Philly AND CSN Mid-Atlantic are BOTH carried in Lancaster. If they can do it there, they can do it here!!!

3)It was reported to the York City Cable TV Review Board on 8/3/2004 that " Many focued on a desire to have more Philadelphia sports offerings on the cable system, particularly those offered by Comcast out of Philadelphia."
This was two years ago and while clearly nothing has been done, it's good to know that there is a desire for Philly sports. So to all you Balt./Wash./Pitt. fans, wake up, this isn't just a Balt/Wash market.

4) Speaking of markets, check out the map at this link... it shows the markets of the entire country. Find PA on the menu. Pretty much looks like York County is in Harrisburg market to me.
»ekb.dbstalk.com/TVMarkets/Maps/

5)Here is a link to a great article in the York Daily Record dated 11/2/2005. Make particular note of the fact that Suscom was pretty much the only carrier in the eastern half of the state to not pick up CSN Philly. Also make note of what Jeff Alexander says about "appealing programming."
»www.directvblogg.com/node/127?PH···a6bf60b3

6)Kerri Dean, a Comcast rep, told someone on another message board "you are definitely not the first person to request CSN Philadelphia." Again... the interest is out there.

7)This link has great contacts of people at Comcast that seem pretty far up the food chain. Disregard the Phoenix part because they are all Philly contacts.
»www.cmcsk.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=14···-contact

Let me know what you think and if you have more information than what I have, post it.

CSN Philly Is carried on an old Microwave backbone(used to be prism).. If they switch to a satellite backbone they have to share with the satellite companies.. That is probably why you have no CSN Philly

yeah, I read the whole microwave thing pretty much everywhere, yet, CSN Philly is everywhere but York... including Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon, Hershey, places as close as 20 miles from here.

Explorer 8300

Bad guide listings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)